• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

modual

Reaction score
I've got fairly big / defined calf muscles versus my waist size. Since i've started wearing slimmer jeans i'm wondering how much slack there should be between the biggest part of my calf muscle and my jeans ? For the record they measure 15" and my true waist is 31"

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
I've got fairly big / defined calf muscles versus my waist size. Since i've started wearing slimmer jeans i'm wondering how much slack there should be between the biggest part of my calf muscle and my jeans ? For the record they measure 15" and my true waist is 31"

I don't know what you're asking. How do the 5EPxSF fit in the calves?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiral
Does anyone have any experience with Surface to Air Paris outerwear?

I'm looking at getting the trench off of Active Endeavors: http://activeendeavors.com/product/2/2/4589/

The only thing that concerned me was the measurements they listed for a medium, a 46" chest. That seems excessively large, so I hope its a mistake. I have no experiences with the label, so I don't know if they're usually slim, or run large, or whatever.

I think their measurement is a mistake. I've tried on that trench in a large at Scott Kuhlman's store in Seattle and it was very slim (I'm usually a medium, with about a 38" chest). It's a very cool trench, and is much better than last year's which was a bit too busy on the pockets and straps.

chiral

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I think their measurement is a mistake. I've tried on that trench in a large at Scott Kuhlman's store in Seattle and it was very slim (I'm usually a medium, with about a 38" chest). It's a very cool trench, and is much better than last year's which was a bit too busy on the pockets and straps.

Thats very good to hear, I think I'll pick it up then and post pics in the recent purchases thread when it comes in. I absolutely love the look of the details online.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone please explain to me what exactly is resin? Thanks.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Someone please explain to me what exactly is resin? Thanks.

It's a coating that some brands put on their jeans.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a pair of Nudie Average Joes that I wear constantly, I want a pair of Black Coated Nudies but cant decide between Thin Finns (i can get for 125) or Slim Jims (150)

Should i go for the much slimmer cut Thin Finns or a more flexible SJ cut (eventhough they are similar to my AJs)?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
i have a pair of Nudie Average Joes that I wear constantly, I want a pair of Black Coated Nudies but cant decide between Thin Finns (i can get for 125) or Slim Jims (150)

Should i go for the much slimmer cut Thin Finns or a more flexible SJ cut (eventhough they are similar to my AJs)?

Get the TF... they're a really good jean for slimmer ppl. Every post I've seen with TFs has looked really good.

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Does anyone know where i can get the Varvatos Converse multi eyelet chucks in black with the white or cream bottom? Barnies site doesn't have my size and i can't find them online anywhere.

Bloomingdale's used to carry that shoe. I'm not sure if they still have it in stock though.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Does anyone know where i can get the Varvatos Converse multi eyelet chucks in black with the white or cream bottom? Barnies site doesn't have my size and i can't find them online anywhere.

converse.com has them. http://www.converse.com/index.aspx?m...&fid=29#matrix

4th row on the right most column, if that's what you're looking for. Zappos has a hi-top, but they are kinda dirty looking :p

Of course, don't know if they have your size.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
converse.com has them. http://www.converse.com/index.aspx?m...&fid=29#matrix 4th row on the right most column, if that's what you're looking for. Zappos has a hi-top, but they are kinda dirty looking :p Of course, don't know if they have your size.
How the hell do size on the converse site? I'm not sure if they're using the actual size of the shoe or the size i normally wear. I know they're trying to help but it's just confusing. I'm a 10 in chucks, 10.5 in apcxnike and vans and 11 in most running/sports shoes. My size 10 chucks fit me well, but probably couldn't afford to go any tighter. I hear that varvatos chucks (such as the mutli lace ones i'm going to buy) usually require you to size up .5 from normal chucks. I'm pretty sure i want a 10.5 in the varvatos multi lace, but i'm not even sure what i'm ordering on the converse site. On a sidenote, does anyone know a coupon code for the converse site, or maybe another website that sells these?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC, chronoaug, you pick your actual size and then it tells you what size Converse you need. So, if you already knew your size and pick 10.5 then they'll tell you go get a 10, even though you know better.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
They're out of 10.5 "my size" on the site, and i think i want to buy a 10.5 in the actual shoe size, so i guess i need to click the 11? I think that's right. I really wish they'd simply let you choose the shoe size and then have in bold or something about how you should size down and let you do it yourself since some size down 1 or .5. Does my sizing logic seem good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads