• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trendy/modern t-shirts/shirts/sweaters in Medium tall?

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by itskub
Hi
im about 6'3", 38" chest, 31" waist. H&M Medium tshirts are WAY too short for me. someone on the board recomended trying on Womens American Appareal, which i did, but it looked WEIRD.
which leads me to GAZZARRINI, you can find them occasionally at Daffy's or on Yoox.

a Medium is perfectly long enough of me. it has the length of an normal XL tshirt, but the body width of about 38" or 39". they arent too cheap, but ive rotated the hell out of a WHITE Tshirt atleast once a week this entire summer, and its still nice and wearable. (no curling up or shirnking at all)

hopefully theyre long sleeves have the same measurements as their short sleeves:
http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/GAZZAR...s/searchResult

Oi, a turtleneck t-shirt! I once saw an architect wearing something like this (in black of course) to great comedic effect.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B.Son tees are very long (29" IIRC) and slim, not to mention super soft.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apocalypse later
What? I'm 6'1, 165 lbs, and I fit into H&M mediums just fine. Your arms can't be THAT long, you're probably self-conscious for no reason.

I disagree. I'm 6'1" and take a 36" (actually, 35.75" ideally) sleeve. Many mediums are way too short in the sleeve for me -- as a fair number of larges are as well. But I've never really found it to be a problem with short-sleeve shirts (unless the OP was talking about long-sleeve polos and t's.)

stephen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stephen
The *only* T-shirts I've found that will come close to fitting me (6'5", 33w, 40 chest) are the Gap "fitted stretch Ts" in Medium Tall. http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...236&pid=278803 I get compliments when I wear these. As much as I hate it, they're only offered in black / white / gray. Like most here, I'd love to be stylish and creative, but it's hard when nothing else works! Fit precedes style. My arms are actually too long for M-T long-sleeve offerings. Some of the Gap / BR casual M-T shirts will work with sleeves rolled up a bit. All of my dress shirts are now custom tailored. The M-T sweaters from BR stretch enough to fit well. Try some of their silk blends... pretty reasonably priced and fit snuggly. I've found J-Crew & Eddie-Bauer stuff to be baggie even if it is M-T. I'm curious about Gazzarinni... any other experiences with them? I'd love to find something aside from Gap / BR that actually works! C'mon -- I have a model's build! Why isn't there anything for me to wear!!??
An old BUMP! I was spending some more time today getting aggravated looking for sweaters & outerwear that fit tall, athletic people. Any luck out there? It looks like the list of Medium-Tall vendors at this point goes: 1. Banana Republic 2. J Crew 3. LL Bean 4. Land's End 5. Gap Any others? I placed a $600 order from STP the other day and actually found one sweater that fit me! It was an argyle Toscano (in Medium). However, I had to return the other 10 sweaters (also all in medium) because they were way too short. And, unfortunately, some of those were similar Toscano V-necks, so I can't make a blanket recommendation for that brand. Any other ideas?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An old BUMP!

I was spending some more time today getting aggravated looking for sweaters & outerwear that fit tall, athletic people. Any luck out there?

It looks like the list of Medium-Tall vendors at this point goes:
1. Banana Republic
2. J Crew
3. LL Bean
4. Land's End
5. Gap

Any others? I placed a $600 order from STP the other day and actually found one sweater that fit me! It was an argyle Toscano (in Medium). However, I had to return the other 10 sweaters (also all in medium) because they were way too short. And, unfortunately, some of those were similar Toscano V-necks, so I can't make a blanket recommendation for that brand.

Any other ideas?

Cool, was it this one?

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...l-For-Men.html

I have the same problem, and ordered that sweater the other day in medium (6' tall, 40" chest, 35" arms). Hoping it fits well.

In terms of t shirts, I was up in NYC yesterday and grabbed a couple of t shirts at Uniqlo. Haven't washed them yet obviously, but they seem pretty good in terms of sleeve length, and body length as well - a major plus for me, as most undershirts are short on me and end up coming untucked from my pants all the time.

stephen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Cool, was it this one? http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...l-For-Men.html
The very same! Hope it works for you (and mine wasn't just a manufacturing defect). But like I said, I tried some of the other Toscano V-Necks, such as this: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/1...l-For-Men.html With no such luck. (Although, I did end up placing a sizeable Banana Republic sweater order today (M Tall). They have all their sweaters on sale for 30% off and there are a bunch of 20% off coupons floating around... Decent deals.)

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The very same! Hope it works for you (and mine wasn't just a manufacturing defect). But like I said, I tried some of the other Toscano V-Necks, such as this:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/1...l-For-Men.html

With no such luck.

(Although, I did end up placing a sizeable Banana Republic sweater order today (M Tall). They have all their sweaters on sale for 30% off and there are a bunch of 20% off coupons floating around... Decent deals.)

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Did you happen to order one of these from STP?

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/1...l-For-Men.html

I was close, but wasn't sure I'd like the fact that the arms/back weren't herringbone. Still thinking about it, so I'm curious about the fit.

zegogglestheydonothing

Reaction score
The *only* T-shirts I've found that will come close to fitting me (6'5", 33w, 40 chest) are the Gap "fitted stretch Ts" in Medium Tall.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...236&pid=278803

I get compliments when I wear these. As much as I hate it, they're only offered in black / white / gray. Like most here, I'd love to be stylish and creative, but it's hard when nothing else works! Fit precedes style.

I'm sorry, but you "get compliments" for wearing black, white and grey t-shirts???
lol8[1].gif

That's not really believable, and kind of sad. (and yes, I realize that this is a really old post)

itskub

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zegogglestheydonothing
I'm sorry, but you "get compliments" for wearing black, white and grey t-shirts???
lol8[1].gif
That's not really believable, and kind of sad. (and yes, I realize that this is a really old post)

That's what it's all about, going out in the most basic well-fitting clothes and feeling confident and getting attention. edit: this is my 'style philosophy', if you will. (hence why I don't post in WAYWT). A guy shouldn't have to rely on clothing to be stylish - it's about your attitude, personality, poise, physique, etc.

stephen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by itskub
this is my 'style philosophy', if you will. (hence why I don't post in WAYWT). A guy shouldn't have to rely on clothing to be stylish - it's about your attitude, personality, poise, physique, etc.
I agree completely! And really, a good bit of "basic" fashion is about emphasizing your best features while hiding your flaws. A couple hours per week in the gym might be better spent than the same couple hours in the office earning money to buy a nicer shirt. There are trade-offs to consider.
tounge.gif
I just can't believe that someone bumped an almost year-old thread to offer that type of critical comment...
eh.gif

Trendy Sing Sing

Reaction score
Did you really just post on a thread thats been dead for a year? Ugh...

Trendy Sing Sing

Reaction score
O, it got deleted. Fuk, I feel like an idiot.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I would bump an old thread instead of starting a new one.
Is anybody currently offering slim sweaters in a medium tall? How about long sleeve polos?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought I would bump an old thread instead of starting a new one.

Is anybody currently offering slim sweaters in a medium tall? How about long sleeve polos?

I still have this problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads