• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non-Weener Clinging Swim Shorts

Seaweed

Reaction score
Im going on vacation with my girlfriends family relatively soon, she has younger sisters, and I am looking for a pair of swim shorts that will not display the perfect outline of ******** to her little sisters when I get out of the water. Ideally Im looking for a pair of swim shorts that are relatively short, not AA short, but well above the knee, preferably not a board short, with pockets and most importantly that do not cling to the wang when wet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Its hard to try on a short and imagine how it will react when wet, so I would like suggestions based on experience not just aesthetic. Thanks guys.

centrix

Reaction score
i usually wear undies underneath my swim shorts. marsupialed but functional

Max

Reaction score
Vilebrequin.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weiner cling is tragic when you are of Asian descent and climbing out of cold water.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
www.undergear.com There's some shorts with a 5" inseam made from nylon with a normal mesh lining. I have a pair of the 'European Swim Shorts' (I think they're called). They're short but not tight on the skin, preventing penile cling.

Seaweed

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.
The problem with the underwear under the swim shorts is that I usually wear cotton underwear and when they get wet and aren't exposed to sunlight the take a long time to dry. They end up hindering the the drying of the entire shorts resulting in soggy balls.
I definitely like the style of the vilebrequin (how do you say) but they are a bit pricey. I saw them on bluefly for around a hundred, but does anyone know where I might be able to get them even cheaper?
I had a pair of JCrew that I loved, but they unfortunately were horrible weener clingers, and the more i wore them, the more they clung. Maybe they became affectionate towards my weener, I dont know, or it could have been that the fabric broke down and lost rigidity.
Thanks for the suggestion of the undergear, but a little gay for me. And not homosexual gay, but gay like straight guy trying to be sexy but just looking cheesy gay.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
 You're not really interested in swim shorts, you just want to talk about your weener, don't you?

Seaweed

Reaction score
In case you didn't notice, I mention my balls also. Really though, this is a serious issue.

Max

Reaction score
Yeesh, that undergear site is way too International Male for me, and I like dudes.

I got my Vilebrequin new at a thrift store for $8. You should just go J Crew.

jkennett

Reaction score
If you're this concerned just buy a speedo and wear it under trunks. It'll dry plenty fast for you.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish a phallic looming shadow was a problem for me getting out of the pool. It is only a problem at room temperature.

If the trunks aren't too tight, I don't see this being a problem. Get a thicker fabric too, maybe boarding shorts?

mke78

Reaction score
just go buy a pair of some under armour compression shorts and wear that underneath....theyll be like some boxer briefs underneath, except skin tight and dry quicker...

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mke78
just go buy a pair of some under armour compression shorts and wear that underneath....theyll be like some boxer briefs underneath, except skin tight and dry quicker...

+1

I normally wear random board shorts because i don't really care about fashion when i'm swimming. Underneath i like wearing these underarmour like boxer briefs or trunks that i bought at Target. They're comfortable, give good support and don't get all gross like normal wet boxers. I've even drunk swam in them with some girls after a night at the bars. The girlfriend didn't like that one much
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads