• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge x Iron Heart Cyclist Jeans = SEXIH03

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge and Iron Heart have come together to bring you the world's first pair
of jeans designed from the ground up for cyclists. Months of testing and analyzing
where other jeans failed during extended use while cycling led to the creation of
the SEXIH03; to create a middle ground between fashion and functionality. For those that enjoy artisan Japanese denim, cycling, and fashion these are the ultimate pair of jeans.

Made in Japan from the world's heaviest weight denim coming in at twenty-one ounces per square yard.

-21 ounce Sanforized Japanese Selvedge Denim
-Dark Indigo Stitch Half Arcuate Pocket Design
-Reinforced crotch rivet
-Hidden rivets
-Crotch cross-stitch moved 1" forward to delay crotch blow-outs and for the comfort of the rider
-Rear pockets placed .75" farther to the outside of the jeans to avoid sitting on
anything stored in the pockets
-Rear pockets sized to fit a mini U-Lock
-Higher rise in the back, lower rise in the front for maximum comfort and mobility
-Extra belt loops at the rear of the waistband to avoid torn loops from backpack
usage and to prevent the pulling down of the waistband if a belt is worn while riding
-Spring loaded clip metal key fob hanging from front belt loop
-Medium relaxed fit in the upper and thigh region, super slim fit below the knee

Production:
125 Selvedge Indigo Pairs = SEXIH03 ($360)
25 Non-Selvedge Black Pairs SEXIH03BK ($360)
Sizes: 27/28/29/30/31/32/33/34/36/38
Inseam: 35.2"

More fit pics to follow shortly.

The SEXIH03 and SEXIH03BK will go on sale in-store on Saturday November 24th and will be available at http://www.selfedge.com on December 1st.

back_web-763037.jpg

sexih03_4-793843.jpg

sexih03_6-793792.jpg

sexih03_3-755427.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any detailed pics of the fit?

Mr Sola

Reaction score
SEXIH03? What happened to SEXIH02?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Sola
SEXIH03? What happened to SEXIH02?

those are the sugarcanes

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
those are the sugarcanes

Isn't the IH for Ironheart?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G

you're right, it'sprobaly the ironheart black's then?

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
holy ****! The perfect jeans for me. There goes my savings.

the etruscan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G

Numbering appears to be based on the SEx. There was SExIH01, SExIH01Bk, SExSC02, SExIH03, and coming sometime or other SExImp04, SExFH05 (with an almost certain change to the name of the last one).

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I thought this was a joke.

21oz. jeans designed for cycling? What the...

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks a good idea, but I wonder whether the fabric is not too heavy. Would you wear such a fabric while exercising for an hour?

The cut looks close at the knees and bum. I wonder whether there is really anough room in these to pedal without rubbing against the fabric. And I wonder how much flexibility there would be for mounting and dismounting.

Same applies to the U-lock in the pocket idea. You would feel the pressure of it like an iron bar pressing on your rear as you ride. Not something I would bother with - there's a reason those things have frame mounts.

There is also no mention of what's inside. If they are unlined, then they are likely to lead to chafing, like any other pair of pants. Even shy shorts have a chamois lining for comfort.

I'm inclined to think these are a gimmick, and I doubt any cyclist would find them comfortable for anything but a short ride.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I hear from ironheart users that the denim is actually quite breathable for being 21oz. Also, i think the ulock in the pocket is slightly alleviated by the pockets being spaced a bit more apart so you don't sit on them.

When they are available on the online store, i'm going to link some of my biker friends as even though this model isn't for me, they might think it's kinda cool.

the etruscan

Reaction score
I think the name is poorly chosen. Cyclist makes people think of weekend racers and the like. These jeans will be terrible for them. But, for commuters, and random bike riders, and such, they'll be great.

Lots of us toss u-locks in our back pockets already, and a well-positioned one is a nice change.

I've had plenty of fun riding my bike around in jeans all the time, but something more durable and a bit roomier in the crotch and thighs is really nice.

And, I've ridden other Iron Hearts around biking. They breathe well, but definitely aren't nearly as nice as proper biking clothes for long rides. For going out, running errands, and the like, they're perfect.

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
Well one would assume it is aimed at city riders, who usually don't spend an extended amount of time in the saddle in one go. Some people don't like frame mounts for their bikes and a lot of people carry them either in their pockets or a bag, so for me that's a fantastic idea. I really like the little design features of these jeans and I agree that you wouldn't want to go on a long ride in them but I don't think that even comes into it.

wiru

Reaction score
yeah, definitely for city riders.

and i wonder, if you spend a lot of time cycling in indigo jeans, are you going to end up with taint fade?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads