• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even with the gettup I was wearing today, and the Anime gettup i was wearing on another day, whenever I wear a tie, people *always* come up to me if I'm in a clothing store assuming that I work there.

WTF?! Can't a brotha wear a tie without people assuming we are dressed up or working?

itskub

Reaction score
im sure this has been said before- before that stand on escalators and leave no room for people to pass. doesnt...make...sense.
this doesnt occur in (eastern) europe when i visited. one of the first things i noticed actually...

i agree about the tie thing. often its without a tie that i get asked do i work here. maybe one of these days ill just play along. "lingerie, right this way maam..". or "hey kid, stop touching that display"
plain.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I was in Bergdorf the other day and some guy asked me where the bathroom was and since I obviously know where it is I gave him the answer. About 5 min later he comes up to me with a pair of jeans and asks if there is a 32" waist in stock. I just smiled and said "You could probably ask someone who works here that."

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Even with the gettup I was wearing today, and the Anime gettup i was wearing on another day, whenever I wear a tie, people *always* come up to me if I'm in a clothing store assuming that I work there.

WTF?! Can't a brotha wear a tie without people assuming we are dressed up or working?

Apparently a brotha cannot.

I've gotten asked if I worked at Target wearing a blue polo shirt (untucked), jeans and sneakers. People are just stereotyping idiots.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even with the gettup I was wearing today, and the Anime gettup i was wearing on another day, whenever I wear a tie, people *always* come up to me if I'm in a clothing store assuming that I work there. WTF?! Can't a brotha wear a tie without people assuming we are dressed up or working?
I hate that ****. Last time I was at Saks some poorly-dressed AmJack came up to me and asked me to help him try on some suits. I was like "Ummm I don't work here."

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to finish a first draft of a term paper detailing the reasons that necessitated the emergance of the Provisional IRA in 1969 and 1970. As of right now, I have 3 pages done.
plain.gif

seanchai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I have to finish a first draft of a term paper detailing the reasons that necessitated the emergance of the Provisional IRA in 1969 and 1970. As of right now, I have 3 pages done.
plain.gif

Three pages? I don't know how you could write more than three words.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I was in Bergdorf the other day and some guy asked me where the bathroom was and since I obviously know where it is I gave him the answer. About 5 min later he comes up to me with a pair of jeans and asks if there is a 32" waist in stock. I just smiled and said "You could probably ask someone who works here that."

I was killing time in a department store years ago after work, and a lady asked my help in picking out a tie to go with a shirt. A poorly-chosen shirt. After about ten minutes I found an appropriate tie, and then she asked me to ring it up. I sent her to someone who worked there. I should have played like I was the store manager.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I was killing time in a department store years ago after work, and a lady asked my help in picking out a tie to go with a shirt. A poorly-chosen shirt. After about ten minutes I found an appropriate tie, and then she asked me to ring it up. I sent her to someone who worked there. I should have played like I was the store manager.

This is the right way to deal with such situation
smile.gif
Oh my god would I have fun with them. “You look like you need size 12 and preferably with vertical stripes…”
Too bad I’ve never been mistaken for a store clerk.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
They changed the color of the lowfat milk container at safeway and decided to use the same color for egg nog. I hadn't realized this until I went to pour egg nog on my cereal... I also hate egg nog.

:
snork[1].gif

Don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, but that's pretty damn funny (as long as it happens to someone else).

mpcec

Reaction score
I hate teachers who after months in a class don't know hardly any of the kids names, or constantly pronounce them wrong, after being corrected multiple times. This sort of thing pisses me off alot... really shows how they don't give a **** about their students and only care about the sound of their own voice.

I also hate when people talk too much in class, or are on their laptop most likely not taking notes, and who make terrible jokes.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mpcec
I hate teachers who after months in a class don't know hardly any of the kids names, or constantly pronounce them wrong, after being corrected multiple times. This sort of thing pisses me off alot... really shows how they don't give a **** about their students and only care about the sound of their own voice.

While you have every right to be pissed off, your conclusion about not caring is simply flawed. Perhaps you can try teaching 5 classes of 150 students each in a semester and then let me know if you can remember more than a handful of names. It also doesn't help when a majority of names are foreign and difficult to pronounce in English. I have a pretty good memory for names and have tried; I even ask students to tell me their names before they speak for the first few weeks but there are just too many for me to remember more than a select few.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
While you have every right to be pissed off, your conclusion about not caring is simply flawed. Perhaps you can try teaching 5 classes of 150 students each in a semester and then let me know if you can remember more than a handful of names. It also doesn't help when a majority of names are foreign and difficult to pronounce in English. I have a pretty good memory for names and have tried; I even ask students to tell me their names before they speak for the first few weeks but there are just too many for me to remember more than a select few.

Agreed. For me, it is actually easier to remember the kids names who are foreign because the names are different. But, when you have eighteen Brittanys (spelled 18 different ways), 9 girls named "Liz," fifteen James, Jon, John, Johnny, Jacks... it's tough to keep everybody separated, especially when a majority of the kids refuse to speak up in class or do ANYTHING in the class to make themselves memorable.

I'm usually pretty good with names, but having that many kids only for a single semester before they move on to greener pastures DOES make it difficult to remember who everybody is (again, especially if it is a GenEd class that they don't want to take and so really don't participate or do much except for fill his/her chair).

Anyway, what pisses me off now is that we're getting close to the end of the semester and students are working on their final papers/projects and I've given them the instructions/word count/due date FIFTEEN times (and have even put it on a handout) and I still have two or three in a class every time ask when it's due, how long it is supposed to be, etc.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parking by a Pump in NYC where you endanger the lives of people if there is a Fire G-d forbid - $155.00
Parking in the handicap Spot in NYC anywhere (Like in the parking lot of my own store cause I needed to open the store and forgot to move) $180.00

I understand that both should be ticketed, and I respect that. After all I had to put in an elevator to the tune of close to 100 Grand in the building that we built cause we had a small section of clothing on the second floor as well as employee spaces in the basement but isnt there something flawed in the logic of fines for parking in a Handicap spot being more than in a fire hazzard spot?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads