• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why people go to Steak Houses?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
Really? It seems like it would be your kind of place with the all you can eat Swedish meatballs, second rate pork ribs, warmed over, crusty lasagna, and giant tub of chocolate pudding.
smile.gif

Sounds like a veritable Eden of Eateries.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What I'd like to know is why people go to buffets?

I was picking up some lunch takeout from a restaurant that has a buffet. There was a woman filling up her plastic feeding bowl with chicken, fish, ribs, rice, salad etc etc and she came to the mashed potatoes . She grabbed the serving spoon, took some mash, tasted it directly from the spoon, didn't like it and placed the spoon back in the heap of powdered mashed potatoes. I'm sure the next person that grabbed some mash loved them.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh god, this thread is making me sooo hungry for some bloody well-seasoned steak........mmmm.......

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the same reason they are going to carribean cruises.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
She grabbed the serving spoon, took some mash, tasted it directly from the spoon, didn't like it and placed the spoon back in the heap of powdered mashed potatoes.

Take that, sneeze guard!

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I was picking up some lunch takeout from a restaurant that has a buffet. There was a woman filling up her plastic feeding bowl with chicken, fish, ribs, rice, salad etc etc and she came to the mashed potatoes . She grabbed the serving spoon, took some mash, tasted it directly from the spoon, didn't like it and placed the spoon back in the heap of powdered mashed potatoes. I'm sure the next person that grabbed some mash loved them.

Was she wearing an unnecessarily colorful mumu?

It's anecdotes like these that make me believe that maybe those Andy-ites and their bemoaning of declining standards have a point.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's anecdotes like these that make me believe that maybe those Andy-ites and their bemoaning of declining standards have a point.

They need to re-capture India where standards are uniformly on a rise.

KBW

Reaction score
I guess I'm from the south unlike most of you it seems but we eat beef at least twice a week. I prefer doing the grilling myself and having people over to a steakhouse.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
They need to re-capture India where standards are uniformly on a rise.
LOL, "re-capture."
worship.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Well where else can you get food that some ****-fingered kid has touched or 400# cow in jogging pants has coughed on?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Balki, I have no idea wtf you are going on about.

Jon.

Be carefull, stupidity is habit forming.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think buffets would be a prime locale for photography--a sort of tragically beautiful yet scathing Diane Arbus bit of business.

I'd entitle it Human Trough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics