• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
thanks guys! These boots could certainly turn any girl into a bit of a sex kitten and they are unbelievably comfortable. There really is something to expensive shoes.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture quality was a struggle today and I apologize for the idiotic pose.
002zb7.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
Those are the arms you want shortened? I think they look fine. If you really need to, roll the cuffs up a half of a turn. I wouldn't cut anything off.
They are cuffed quite a bit actually. Noob question since i don't know about fabrics much (previous owner said it was cashmere but there are no material tags)- would soaking in warm water and then lying flat to dry perhaps do the trick? I know sweaters aren't jeans but whatever. Or any other non tailoring way to shorten them without putting them under the knife? I'll keep it anyways because i love it but figure i'd try. Stazy- All i can see is your shoes. Maybe you should have rye fix your computer for you.

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
HM trench
Club Monaco ocbd
5EP SF
alden brogues
tie I dont remember brand name
vintage tie bar
Gap cardigan sweater vest

116pickn1.jpg

Really nice outfit
smile.gif
I would like to see it with a v-neck and either more pointy, elegant shoes with thinner soles or some boots
smile.gif
Is the trench from this season? Wanna wanna wanna!
wink.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minimalist
Really nice outfit
smile.gif
I would like to see it with a v-neck and either more pointy, elegant shoes with thinner soles or some boots
smile.gif
Is the trench from this season? Wanna wanna wanna!
wink.gif

thanks, yea it is from this season. I agree that a slimmer/more chiseled shoe/boot would be a better fit

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
chronoaug;748162 said:
They are cuffed quite a bit actually. Noob question since i don't know about fabrics much (previous owner said it was cashmere but there are no material tags)- would soaking in warm water and then lying flat to dry perhaps do the trick? I know sweaters aren't jeans but whatever. Or any other non tailoring way to shorten them without putting them under the knife? I'll keep it anyways because i love it but figure i'd try.

I work with knits a lot and I don't think you want to try and hot soak to shrink. You will most likely overshrink or get no shrink at all. The sweater looks nice and cozy with the longer arms. If you insist on having them shorter work with a tailor.

Brigden

Reaction score

Toasty!

Arc'teryx Fission LT Hoody
Diesel Zathan 87M
Arc'teryx Emissary Beanie
Arc'teryx Delta SV Gloves
Banana Republic Tagless Stretch Crew (not pictured)
Blundstone 063 Black Chisel Toe (not pictured)

Postscript: Ew; my mirror is gross!

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
hair doing the bouffant
laugh.gif

DSCN7620.jpg
doctor's order
DSCN7618.jpg

Whoa! Is it legal in Denmark to marry coats???
inlove.gif
I also really like the glasses! One of the really really rare cases where a pair of glasses actually doesn't alter a face in a negative way
smile.gif

While i like the white V the cardigan forms in the first pic, also very nicely complimented by the scarf, I am not so sure about it without the coat, though... I guess the lapel(!?) is distracting me, I think it might look better with a somehow sleeker cardigan which only adds the V and the color and fabric to the outfit, without too much details, if you understand what I am trying to say... but overall, absolut klasse
smile.gif

Anyone else feeling some (good kind) treasure island vibe coming from that outfit?
smile.gif

minimalist

Reaction score
thanks, yea it is from this season. I agree that a slimmer/more chiseled shoe/boot would be a better fit

Not necessarily - what I meant was either some slimmer shoe or something like your docs, you know, really bold
smile.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
This is my hands-down favorite post from you - the fit, the accessories, even the photo composition is perfect-o!

fing02[1].gif

Thanks, man.
are you going to pull that kerchief up to your face and rob trains?
The only thing I'd use it for is to rob your heart...
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by Saucemaster
It's almost like an ascot. So then if I'm Murdock, does that make whodini Face?
After googling "faceman" for a humorous anecdote I realized that in growing out my hair recently I've unknowingly grown closer to looking more like my A-Team counterpart.
51U%2B4-I2ZTL._SS500_.jpg

Yikes.

Well, went out for lunch today and had my camera handy.

Click for "All Along The Watchtower" b-side bonus.

The gardens were really damn impressive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads