• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, you're going to regret two out of three of those.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Is there a new one? I loved the first 2 when they first came out.

A new what, Guitar Hero?

Yes, its out.

And the Jet Grind Radio is on the Dreamcast of course.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I forgot to erase guitar hero and meant jet grind radio. I still have my dreamcast hidden away in my little brother's closet. I want to play that next time i visit. I hope there is a new one planned for the 360.

Yeah, I pulled my chipped and modded DC out of the closet a few months ago and have been downloading games off torrent to burn + play on it.

I had forgotten how good the graphics are, and how awesome the overall games lineup is. There are some really great DC games out there.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
<wonders why anyone would own a modded DC>

Brian SD

Reaction score
You don't need to mod a DC to play backups. And to this date I firmly stand by my claims that Dreamcast is quite possibly the best system to date, minus the god-awful controller.

I can't even tell you how many hours I spent playing Blitz, the awesome Capcom fighter arcade ports, Soul Calibur, Shenmue, Giga Wing, Shikigami no Shiro, etc. etc. ******* amazing line-up on that system and it did horribly, IMO because of marketing failures.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Why would you get a region free DIVX playing dvd player?

Same concept.

You need to mod the DC to play burned ISO's without a boot disk. And games from Japan. And etc.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
You don't need to mod a DC to play backups. And to this date I firmly stand by my claims that Dreamcast is quite possibly the best system to date, minus the god-awful controller.

I can't even tell you how many hours I spent playing Blitz, the awesome Capcom fighter arcade ports, Soul Calibur, Shenmue, Giga Wing, Shikigami no Shiro, etc. etc. ******* amazing line-up on that system and it did horribly, IMO because of marketing failures.

It is. That's probably the only older console, other than Saturn, that I will keep well into other generations due to all of the games that will mostly likely remain exclusive to the system: Shenmue, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (only arcade-perfect version), Border Down, Seaman, Under Defeat, Garou (only arcade-perfect version), Jet Grind Radio, Toy Commander, Soul Calibur (still my favorite in the series), Project Justice, Tech Romancer, etc.

I think, aside from the games, it holds a special place in my heart because it's the first console I bought with money from my new job, and I also believe it's the first console I bought at launch. I remember getting the Dreamcast with Soul Calibur and being totally enthralled. I called Software Etc. (I think it was still Software Etc. at the time) for a month asking when they would get Marvel vs. Capcom in because apparently Capcom under-shipped horribly. That game was a revelation for me.

I can't wait until Marvel vs. Capcom 2 gets here (also got a brand-new, original white VMU coming which I'll crack open for this wonderful occasion). I'm going to build a shrine for it.*

*I'm an incredibly sad person.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Best. game. ever.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

koji

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Explain this
GRAW 2 on the pc was just awful. It's not as bad as GRAW was, but it was still terrible. Clumsy controls, stupid gameplay that was neither realistic nor remotely enjoyable, and all the Tom Clancy Hoorah War Hardon story you can get. Vegas was beyond terrible. It's GRAW 2, only with and even worse engine, enemies that spawn behind you, and the gameplay of Counter-Strike. On a related note, I played through Medal of Honor: Airborne, and everything he says is true (well, there were Flakturm, but then the game's solution to this is to drop your battalion onto one just because that sounds reasonable). There is actually a scene where two American soldiers are standing in front of a wall when a King Tiger crashes through it behind them. They turn and start running and then the camera cuts to a side shot of the tank, at which point you hear a Nazi say, "I hahve heeem een my zaightz!" and the tank fires a single shot, hitting one of the soldiers in the chest. He falls down. His friend turns, sees him, runs back to him, and picks him up, at which point the tank starts shooting again, killing his friend and hitting him in the legs. The soldiers fall down with his dead friend on top of him, at which point the tank dramatically revs its engine and slowly drives toward the disabled American soldier. As he screams, "No, no, no no!" it cuts to you and another soldier behind cover, watching the whole thing as you say, "Those bastards!" This takes place in Holland, where you play through Market Garden, which apparently ended as a glorious American victory on a bridge outside of Nijmagen after Corporal Boyd Travers shot like a ******* platoon of SS snipers armed with Panzerschrek sniper rifles. Shot them in the face.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am REALLY out of touch, video game wise.

If all I have is an XBOX, an N64, and a Mac, is there one game I can/should buy right now that I'll enjoy the hell out of? Or am I just stuck playing Mariokart and Goldeneye forever?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads