• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie Travel Case

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a tie case, preferably leather. Think this, but not so crappy, not so JAB, and not black.

5941e.jpg

If it has inserts for bones even better.

Thanks.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try this one. It's PURPLE LABEL
inlove.gif
, it's got a small pouch built-in for your knick-knacks/bones. It's got a plaid lining, and it's quite fancy with twill and leather trim.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

Of course it's also $500
plain.gif

Tie travel case is such a luxury item, completely unnecessary, but oh so cool to have, especially the RLPL one.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that one... but it is not worth that much. I a looking to stay at say 150ish. i have seen a few coach ones on ebay... but i fear they are fakes.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never understood the need for these. I just use the long, narrow boxes that ties often come in when bought at a store. Am I missing something?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the eBay, I once saw a custom 1950s travel tie-case in high quality crocodile skin.

The seller said it was ordered by her father and it had a monogram. Very nice though I didn't buy it.

Taxler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Shake
I never understood the need for these. I just use the long, narrow boxes that ties often come in when bought at a store. Am I missing something?

A leather tie case has a bit more elegance than cardboard, it holds the tie in place while a box allows it to slide around, and it stays securely closed without the use of tape or string. Other than that, either will accomplish the job equally.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ghurka

pejsek

Reaction score
What the heck is Colonel Littleton? I'm a bit surprised the new Ghurka behemoth hasn't rolled over on them (him?) for trademark infringement.
I'll bet if you kept your eyes open on ebay for a couple of weeks you could come up with something really excellent. I imagine the old Dunhill Tailors, for example, sold a great one.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Col. Littleton products are fairly commonly seen in independent men's shops in the South. It's sort of a J Peterman meets Ghurka, based in Tennessee. They seem to make good stuff.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for fun I thought I would post pics of this tie case circa late 80's. It was purchased at MOMA NYC and given to me as a Christmas gift. It was designed by Giorgio Pizzitutti. I recall that it was a rather "big deal" and that this item had a lot of PR coverage and was in many top catalogs. I have kept it on the top of my dresser for years and years. I love the look of it in that cognac colored leather so I just put it on my dresser and left it there. It's like a piece of leather sculpture to me. I also found the four black foam inserts interesting. Its like,"do you really need to place inserts between your rolled up ties?"Apparently Giorgio thought we did. Anyway, I traveled a LOT but only used it once. Probably because it took up so much room.

So, next time you are at a flea market and see a leather tube.....

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Heh, that's kind of neat. Mostly impractical for travel though.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I got this case from Bromely's a few years ago.

http://www.classicwardrobe.co.uk/Pro...ies/Travel-Kit

The good: It was relatively cheap and attractive.

The bad: It isn't all leather. It doesn't have any bones so it lacks structure. Also, because it is not sealed, dirt liquid from broken containers and the like can damage the neckties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads