• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst actor?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The field is so big, I think there should be categories. For instance, Keanu easily wins "Most Wooden". The call about him in that Much Ado movie, bang on BTW. Biggest Ham would go to Shatner (hope he's not kosher given his prize), Always Plays The Exact Same Character of course goes to Kostner.

IMO, the overall poorest "real" actor though, has to be Martin Lawrence.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I know lots of folks disagree, but I think Nicholas Cage is unbearably bad, pretty much on the same level as Reeves.

+1

Kevin Costner is pretty bad too.

Tony Curtis is fun for his ridiculousness... "Dis is da castle of my fodda."

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
My parents weren't even born yet
confused.gif

So what?
Everybody must have seen "Gone with the Wind", just like the "Wizzard of Oz" or "The Godfather". Haven't you seen either of those?

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman

laugh.gif

I must check out some of his other offerings. The only one I've seen was opposite Lemmon in Hot
Tell me....

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't David Caruso the guy in NYPD? I thought he was OK in that. Or was it another Caruso? Also, my critical faculties/pain threshold has changed over the years....

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed Burns. It burns. Check him out in 'She's the One'.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
+1

Didn't he have a part in "Sparticus" that actually was cut out at one time as it dealt with homosexuality?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kevin (Waterworld, The Postman, Dances with Wolves, etc...) Costner is by far the worst.

His best role was the corpse in The Big Chill. I suppose he was OK in Bull Durham, too.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Didn't he have a part in "Sparticus" that actually was cut out at one time as it dealt with homosexuality?

Wait, what? Homsexuality? In a movie about gladiators?

Makes me think of:
040713_Kareem_Airplane.jpg

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Angelina Jolie.

Every single movie, any line she says, is like this oversexed, overly sensual woman... no matter what she's doing, she's always at least 1000 times too intense. I couldnt even get half way through Alexander, but what the **** was her character? One minute the accent was like, Russian whore, then more kind of minstrel show Greek. She is beyond gorgeous, but I find everything she does (including her stupid UN ambassadorship) to be insulting and terrible.

Denzel Washington

I've seen all his movies. He plays the same character, every single time. In almost every movie, he remains relatively quiet but on top of things, until he has his customary flip out where he yells something incredibly arrogant. He loves to nod quickly while saying something poignant, and in American Gangster, he beats his chest which I've seen a few times (I think Man on Fire or Out of Time??). The only movies I liked him in were Philedelphia and John Q. The latter is considered his worst movie ever, but at least it wasn't the same old tired gangsta with a bit of "complexity". The joke is on me since I've seen all of these movies, which seem to blend into one another. I just cannot understand how people talk about him like he's Pacino. The man has the range of a pit bull.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

Do you like oysters and snails?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will Smith, anyone?

Was he ever good in anything (except playing himself on TV)?

Jolie is pretty blah as an actress and as a woman. Reminds me of some cartoon character or a prototype of a blow-up doll designed by reptilians.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
So what?
Everybody must have seen "Gone with the Wind", just like the "Wizzard of Oz" or "The Godfather". Haven't you seen either of those?

30 minutes into Gone with the Wind, I thought to myself "this must be a generational thing" and I changed the channel. Liked the Godfather, Wizard of Oz was better as a school play than it was a movie for me.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
30 minutes into Gone with the Wind, I thought to myself "this must be a generational thing" and I changed the channel. Liked the Godfather, Wizard of Oz was better as a school play than it was a movie for me.
How can you dislike Gone with the Wind? Such passion! Such drama!

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Will Smith, anyone?

Was he ever good in anything (except playing himself on TV)?

Jolie is pretty blah as an actress and as a woman. Reminds me of some cartoon character or a prototype of a blow-up doll designed by reptilians.

Yes. Another one I cannot stand. He ruined Pursuit of Happiness, which is infact a great story. To me, he's the diet version of Denzel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads