• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EPxSF jeans available

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I think you're going to want the 34. These stretch, but not a ton.

Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
lefty, get size 33. You're the same size as I am in the APC NS and Lee 101z, and I'm a 33. My size 33 SFx5EPs are very similar to my size 31 APC NS.

Any chance you guys can fight it out?

I'll give DB a call and work it out from there, but my feeling is that if they only stretch a size, I probably want the 33".

Who's the best person to talk to and at which store?

lefty

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like CP has more experience than me, but if it were me I would probably order both and return the less-gooder-fitting pair. If you can button the 33 and the thighs and knees don't feel too skinny, that's probably the best size.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
if it were me I would probably order both and return the less-gooder-fitting pair.

Always the best move.

Plus, while I'm sure j is correct about the stretching, if they aren't especially tight to begin with, and you wear a belt, it should be a non-issue.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have one pair of 33's left fyi

dmaz

Reaction score
Denimbar,
Thanks for the excellent/quick service with my 5ep size exchange.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dmaz my pleasure.

Everyone please note we are sold out of 36,34,33 5EPxSF jean
We have a couple of 28's , 29"s, and 31's and 32's

we HAVE a **** LOAD of 30's!!!

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
my pair arrived from denimbar today. awesome service but i think they may be too small in the waist. i can button them (although its quite painful) but the leg is still fairly loose. im in the process of losing some weight so im sure they will fit in a matter of time but im not sure the leg is slim enough in proportion to the top block for my my body. im really hesitant to tailor the leg on a pair of jeans this nice but the denim and construction are beyond amazing though so im going to think it over for a day or two.

but again, great job fok, godmother and everyone else who made these happen, they really are beautiful and it pains me to think they just wont work with my slightly hobbit like proportions.
musicboohoo[1].gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by styleheaven
how much do these stretch?
If they're originally your normal size, they'll stretch out at least another size or more from wear. I'm sure they'll shrink back after the wash, though.

styleheaven

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
If they're originally your normal size, they'll stretch out at least another size or more from wear. I'm sure they'll shrink back after the wash, though.
Are these true to size?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by styleheaven
Are these true to size?
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
From your normal waist size.

For example, let's say your best fitting pair of jeans measured 32" at the waist brand new (forget APC, that's a confusing example).

You can get a 32 in the 5EPxSF for a modern pseudo-skinnyish look, a la the original pics from Sauce.

Or, you can get a 33 for a more classic look, along the lines of vintage 505s.

picture22sb9.jpg

Aifia

Reaction score
lets say i get a measuring tape and measure around 29.5 tightly around my waist. i'm new to this so what size do you guys suggest?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aifia
lets say i get a measuring tape and measure around 29.5 tightly around my waist. i'm new to this so what size do you guys suggest?

If by waist, you mean the true waist (the smallest part of your torso, usually an inch or two above your navel) then I would say get a size 30.

If by waist, you actually mean your hips, where you wear your jeans, I would suggest a size 29.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
Fok's right (as always), but the waist/true waist thing is eternally confusing; you're probably better off measuring your best-fitting pair of jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads