• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
See... this is why there's a lack of criticism on the forum.

Everybody's outfits look great today!

yeah...there's a fine line to tread when voicing a negative opinion...you need to express your point of view in a constructive way while being careful not to unduly insult or come off like the ultimate authority...i've been the recipient of criticism from both sides of that line, and i can say that it makes a hell of a difference...

Originally Posted by chronoaug
I don't get it. GDL's outfit wasn't good. There is pretty much no defending it except the individual items fit well. The "classy/dressy" comment was more a way to emphasize that the jacket was out of place with the rest of the outfit and less an accurate description of the individual piece.

see, now...who is chrono to pass ultimate judgement, here?...i think his presentation would have been a lot more effective if he spoke from the perspective that he was voicing only his opinion -- an opinion that may or may not be totally on point...it's a small change in attitude and delivery that makes a world of difference...bad form from chrono...but, i give him credit for taking the time out to comment on gdl's fit...

i think this place runs more smoothly and is more valuable when people remember that there are things that are a lot more essential to good style than what clothes you wear
teacha.gif

and, fwiw...i thought that the nikes and the hoodie had too much going on in the same outfit...but, hearing of gdl's personal history with his shoes, did alter my perception a little
smile.gif

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
How does one react to an unabashed homosexual who routinely insults others by suggesting that they're gay?

I'll leave the answer to Mr.Owl.

homosexuals should be abashed?...or perhaps just bashed?

i think socal, while thickly pompous and arrogant, has a refreshing way of keeping things in check around here

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
homosexuals should be abashed?...or perhaps just bashed?

i think socal, while thickly pompous and arrogant, has a refreshing way of keeping things in check around here

1) You haven't been here long enough. 2) You haven't been paying attention.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1) You haven't been here long enough.
2) You haven't been paying attention.

That may be true, but NYC Gaucho's previous post was nicely put. Criticism is fine, but Chronaug's posts were mostly useless, and the faux authoritative tone implied more credibility than he actually has.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the GDLs jacket with the jeans. I dont like the Nikes too much but I hate pretty much all Nike shoes in general. However agree that certain people here do not really know what they are talking about when it comes to certain things.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
1) You haven't been here long enough.
2) You haven't been paying attention.

touchÃ
00a9.png
...but, be sure to send me a memo when i've been here long enough to have an opinion...

you might be right, though...maybe i haven't been here long enough or paid attention enough...because i don't remember socal insulting people by calling them gay...sounds pretty silly, really...i'll keep my eye out for it...

in the meantime though, you'll forgive me if it makes me laugh when he pulls a diva out of the closet, here and there

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
No ****, I'll have to be more upfront about what I think of some of SuperBobos fits. First I'll have to start posting some of mine own to keep it all ecumenical, but then....

Feel free to do so. Im sure alot of people dislike my "look" at any given time.

I very seldom say anything negative about other peoples looks, but when a bunch of others give something imo unjustified positive remarks, while it in my eyes loooks ...bad, I sometimes feel the urge to voice this. This the wrong way on a "fashion forum"?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does one react to an unabashed homosexual who routinely insults others by suggesting that they're gay?
How does one react to a thoroughly abashed 36 year old pretending he's 24 on the internet?

kallun

Reaction score
Whyred hoodie Dior Homme cords Gucci leather hightops (also in thumbnail)
whyred-dh-gucci.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
The posters on this thread show remarkable restraint with respect to Socal's endless stream of bullshit insults.

Sorry I got home and had a bad buzz, blehk.

But, I think there is a legit aspect in asking the question to many people here who just wear jeans, tshirt and some sort of casual jacket.
At what point do you think you'll "give that up"? Or will you always be sleeping in and soaking your jeans or whatever it is you do?
If a 45, 55, 65 year old man started posting his "fits" on here...would you really want to see that?? And don't say "of course becuase gramps is cool!"

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
How does one react to a thoroughly abashed 36 year old pretending he's 24 on the internet?

This one is funny...from whose loins did that one spring?

Brigden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Sorry I got home and had a bad buzz, blehk.

But, I think there is a legit aspect in asking the question to many people here who just wear jeans, tshirt and some sort of casual jacket.
At what point do you think you'll "give that up"? Or will you always be sleeping in and soaking your jeans or whatever it is you do?
If a 45, 55, 65 year old man started posting his "fits" on here...would you really want to see that?? And don't say "of course becuase gramps is cool!"

I've been reading your posts on several forums for many years now. I don't take issue with your unabated arrogance; I am perhaps your equal in that regard. I simply avoid making a spectacle for the sake of self-promotion. Instead, I keep much of it to myself.

I want to assume you're quite young -- early twenties, perhaps? You've got to be young enough for some old queen to keep you in his handbag. You spend far too much time wasting reams to time on the Internet to be gainfully employed. Your juvenile comments and attitude must belie your age, though. Your chubby physique leads me to believe you're a bit older than the child you play on the Internet.

So, if you don't mind the intrusion; just how old are you?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brigden
I've been reading your posts on several forums for many years now.
I want to assume you're quite young -- early twenties, perhaps? You've got to be young enough for some old queen to keep you in his handbag. You spend far too much time wasting reams to time on the Internet to be gainfully employed. Your juvenile comments and attitude must belie your age, though. Your chubby physique leads me to believe you're a bit older than the child you play on the Internet.

So, if you don't mind the intrusion; just how old are you?

Sorry, but your reasoning contradicts the statement in bold. SoCal has posted pics with his mug multiple times, not to mention bits and pieces from his college education a few years back. Hence I don't have much trouble believing he's actually 24. And dude's the son of some billionaire/multi-millionaire owner of a few food manufacturers, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads