• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That jacket does not seem "classy". I do not think that Soph's outfit is "classy" It seems casual to me. There are different types of casuals but its still casual...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Rye works his nikes and other sneakers into his outfits really well and there are some sufu guys who find a way to get their old sneakers into their new wardrobe.

Aka the guys you spank it to before bed?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Why? The context of the pieces are entirely different, as are (usually) the other pieces in the outfit. MC is more formal than Streetwear.

Aren't there blazers in S&D?
Blazers with jeans?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Aren't there blazers in S&D?
Blazers with jeans?

Of course. And even there, they are almost always cut noticeably differently--and more casual--than the sportcoats you usually see in MC. They are almost always shorter, deconstructed jackets, and are often in entirely different fabrics. In other words... they're usually more casual. There's obviously overlap between the forums, but why is it strange that something common in MC would considered formal in a forum devoted largely to denim, hoodies, and sneakers?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont think its a matter of this being the SWD forum. I think the people on this subforum are less familiar or interested in clothing of MC. So they have a different point of view. Some people who look at MC or post there would not have this view to the extent some people here do...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
I dont think its a matter of this being the SWD forum. I think the people on this subforum are less familiar or interested in clothing of MC. So they have a different point of view. Some people who look at MC or post there would not have this view to the extent some people here do...

True. I guess I forget that a lot of the other sub-25 year old peole here are not dressing as "grown up."
nest.gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Aka the guys you spank it to before bed?
I don't get it. GDL's outfit wasn't good. There is pretty much no defending it except the individual items fit well. The "classy/dressy" comment was more a way to emphasize that the jacket was out of place with the rest of the outfit and less an accurate description of the individual piece. Gulk- Why nitpick words? Would it have made you feel better if i awkwardly tried to describe how his jacket was casual, but more on the dressier part of the casual spectrum? Once again, obviously there are different points of view between members who favor one forum over the other. Hypebeast kids would probably have a different point of view than people here, if you wanted to point that out as well. I don't understand what's going on really? Is this some inter subforum drama that i'm not aware of? People are upset and i'm kinda confused. Can't we all wear velvet blazers and get along?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Sorry I didnt mean to offend. Its just so hard for me to see that as "classy". It just looks too Street for me. It just would not work for me in the dressing up realm...

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
See... this is why there's a lack of criticism on the forum.

Everybody's outfits look great today!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
GDL's outfit wasn't good. There is pretty much no defending it
I think I do get your point by now chronoaug... Pretty loud and clear.

Can we move on to the next target please?
wink.gif

Now where's the door to the Men's Clothing forum again? ah there...

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The posters on this thread show remarkable restraint with respect to Socal's endless stream of bullshit insults.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny that socal choose his words carefully and even used the hornets nest smiley in what's obviously trolling for a response; but on the other hand I'm sure everyone here on S+D knows that we don't strive to dress "grown up" when we post our waywt.

I do love the crossover posters because I think SW+D has been stagnant lately; I can't be assed to read back over the few pages of what seem to be repetitive bashing of GDLs outfit. My personal input is: This is the same way I would size the hoodie, and the same way I would wear it (under a coat or jacket). I would not match with those sneakers. I would coordinate colors in a way that wouldn't clash; doing so however would be a complete crossover into streetwear which seems to me the only thing possible with that hoodie anyway.

A classy/casual juxtaposition of garments can exist in one outfit in a positive way, this is not it. I do however wish to see more of your casual outfits.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
The posters on this thread show remarkable restraint with respect to Socal's endless stream of bullshit insults.
How does one react to an unabashed homosexual who routinely insults others by suggesting that they're gay? I'll leave the answer to Mr.Owl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads