• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

mikej77

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Bloomingdales in NY (either Manhattan or Roosevelt Field) is having a private sale anytime soon?

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure, why not just call them ..... the guys @ Roosevelt on LI are very friendly ......

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Has anybody been to the Michael Bastian sale that can report on how it was? I'd be specifically interested to know price-points as well is if they had anything in small (36) sizes.

Thanks,
Dan

ephemeralcoherence

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikej77
Does anyone know if Bloomingdales in NY (either Manhattan or Roosevelt Field) is having a private sale anytime soon?

My girlfriend tells me it just started yesterday. Should be going on thru the weekend.

etl

Reaction score
Was there a Malo sale today? If so has anyone been? Last year's was very thin.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by E. Tage Larsen
Was there a Malo sale today? If so has anyone been? Last year's was very thin.

I went on Sunday a.m.

Depends on what you're looking for, of course. I thought there was a generous supply of sweaters, including a lot of staples (cashmere in basic colors), as well as the usual supply of odd colors and patterns. Sweaters around $150. There were also a lot of cotton polo shirts but kind of pricey -- $90. The tailored clothing was there, but there wasn't a ton of it and it was kind of expensive. Some beautiful suede jackets for around $900.

All in all, worth going but not a real treasure-trove.

uluvbs

Reaction score
Mr Magoo -

Do you remember seeing Small sizes for mens' sweaters, or only Med/Large? Thanks.

Lays84

Reaction score
It's the To Boot New York Warehouse/Showroom Sale! A Special 3 Day Event!!

New York's best dressed men wait all year for this incredible sale event! For three days only the world's finest men's footwear is on sale at prices 40% to 70% off regular retail!!

You'll enjoy a vast selection of Casual boots and dress boots, business and dress cap toes and wingtips, loafers and casual shoes perfect for jeans and weekends.

Nov. 9 - Fri. 8:30am-6:30pm;

Nov. 10 - Sat. 10:00am-6:00pm;

Nov. 11 - Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm.

Cash Only- No credit cards or checks accepted. No ATM on site.

Location: 603 Washington Street (between Morton & Leroy Street in the West Village) ground floor.

Transportation: By train, take the #1 or #9 to Christopher Street. Go West to Washington Street, then South, to #603 Washington Street.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linus (a personal favorite store) on Spring and W Broadway is closing their store down in a few days, and has everything 50%. Loro Piana overcoats between $150 and 400, suits between $200-400 (slim cut, 120s fabrics (cottons too), fused), shirts around $60, sweaters for $35, ties for $30. Assorted sportcoats, pants, scarves and belts also.

This is the place - http://nymag.com/listings/stores/linus/

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Who makes the suits? $200? That's a great price. Any more info would be appreciated; I might check it out tomorrow or Tuesday.

And who are the shirtmakers?

Same company makes everything. Linus is Hamburg-based (their Germany stores are fantastic), but the makers are in Poland. Don't know the name.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uluvbs
Mr Magoo -

Do you remember seeing Small sizes for mens' sweaters, or only Med/Large? Thanks.

A decent selection in all sizes, though small had a fewer number than medium or large (and also fewer shoppers). I'm a 38/40 (48/50 Eur) and there was a fine selection of sweaters, polos and outer wear, albeit at still high prices. Pants were disappointing.

That's not to say they'll have exactly what you want, but there are things to choose from. Naturally, there are more crew neck than V-neck or polo-neck, more strange colors than standard conservative ones and no one is touching the truly hideous knit-wear they have.

Larger sizes will have more selection of everything, especially the polo shirts.

02///M3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amirrorcrackd
Has anybody been to the Michael Bastian sale that can report on how it was? I'd be specifically interested to know price-points as well is if they had anything in small (36) sizes.

Thanks,
Dan

Very curious about this as well. Does anybody know exactly where his showroom is? I can't find an address anywhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics