• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1847778050_b8a8729402.jpg

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Gdl, that jacket is beautiful. I think some New Standards might be a more flattering fit with those shoes though.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
Take the trouser hem away from those jeans, and you can stay.

Originally Posted by hossoso
Gdl, that jacket is beautiful. I think some New Standards might be a more flattering fit with those shoes though.

Disagree on both. The C&J Tetbury are boots, hence the slight bootcut openings of the APC Rescue are perfect IMO.

@gdl203: your watch collection is
drool.gif
. Great outfit overall too, and yay for self-timer!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DDML, really nice. I always enjoy the causal simplicity of your looks. What are you wearing btw? i see the sufu evisus, but otherwise..

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gdl203, I think you should tuck the scarf into the jacket. And please cross-post (or post in general) more often.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
Take the trouser hem away from those jeans, and you can stay.

Nice jacket. The pattern is taking your camera for a ride in the first two pics.

Thanks ken. What do you mean by "taking the trouser hem away"?
confused.gif
I just fold it inside, no stitched hem here... Do you mean that it would look better stacking the leg opening?

Originally Posted by hossoso

The whole look was pretty relaxed with a fairly padded jacket so I thought a more relaxed Rescue worked better. I wear my NS with more fitted tops generally

Originally Posted by whacked
Disagree on both. The C&J Tetbury are boots, hence the slight bootcut openings of the APC Rescue are perfect IMO.

@gdl203: your watch collection is
drool.gif
. Great outfit overall too, and yay for self-timer!

Thanks whacked. I've been collecting watches for 10+ years now and have been adding slowly to the collection.

re: self-timer, I actually asked my wife to take the pictures... She looked at me with a "err.. what?" look on her face, but she helped out
shog[1].gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Thanks ken. What do you mean by "taking the trouser hem away"?
confused.gif
I just fold it inside, no stitched hem here... Do you mean that it would look better stacking the leg opening?

I think he meant that it looked like one of those invisible 1" trouser hems rather than a .25" contrast stitch jeans hem, which makes sense since you tucked under. I think you should get them hemmed to your preferred length, and tell the tailor to make the new hem look just like the original one.

Love the jacket, by the way. I recently got a similar one from Borrelli (actually Shop the Finest), but mine's more a hunting jacket.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I think he meant that it looked like one of those invisible 1" trouser hems rather than a .25" contrast stitch jeans hem, which makes sense since you tucked under. I think you should get them hemmed to your preferred length, and tell the tailor to make the new hem look just like the original one.
Got it. I may just do that then... Next trip to tailor is Saturday

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
DDML, really nice. I always enjoy the causal simplicity of your looks. What are you wearing btw? i see the sufu evisus, but otherwise..
thanks superbobo h&m hat engineered garments fatigue jacket sugar cane flannel loopwheeler tee (though i guess you can't see it from that angle) evisu alden 405

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Cross-posting from the Men's Clothing forum. Don't throw me out !
wink.gif

Getting a little nippy here in NYC today...

L. Borrelli wool M65 type jacket with small herringbone pattern
Theory merino wool grey cardigan
N&L pink/blue check shirt
APC Rescue jeans
Altea brown/lilac wool/cashmere/silk scarf
J.Crew red/black/grey argyle socks
C&J Tetbury in brown nubuck
Vintage JLC Memovox

WAYWT_3nov_2.jpg

WAYWT_3nov_5.jpg

WAYWT_3nov_1.jpg

WAYWT_3nov_3.jpg

WAYWT_3nov_4.jpg

WAYWT_3nov_6.jpg

How much does that vintage JLC run around if you dont mind me asking? It looks really nice...

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Bingo. I think the length is good, but allow for some very minimal shrinking if you haven't washed them yet.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
It sure was nippy Gdl:
Jil Sander navy bomber w/ black knit shawl collar
Cloak black cotton sweater
Jil Sander white shirt
Dior Homme black trousers
jil002-1.jpg

jil001-1.jpg

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
varvatoshoody.jpg

varvatoshoody2.jpg

Closeup of hoody fabric:

varvatoshoody3.jpg

Varvatos olive wool waffle knit hoody with cotton trim, Iron Heart 634S, dark brown custom Vass Budapests.

Forgot to post this before:

bestaffironheart3.jpg

Belstaff Panther, AA T, Iron Heart 634S.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
going out to dinner w/fiancee and my folks

11307picjl4.jpg

fred perry shirt
band of outsiders blazer
ralph lauren brown cords
gap burgundy socks
alden cordovan longwings
kent want pocketsquare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads