• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stupid s*** my roommate says

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
He returned to the room around 10:30 PM, bragging that he accessed the roof on one of the other dorm buildings with his "friends" (surely imaginary). He talked about being hyper, and began doing kicks and ****...at one point, he was reaching for the PS2 and fell out of his bed, pretending it was all a mistake. The guy is like a dog; always needing attention.

A couple hours ago, I'm walking into the room, and as the door swings I open I see him crouched in front of it. I stopped and said "Oh hey, what are you doing?" And he goes "oh man! I was hoping you'd take me out wit da door! I'd be gettin' some money from dis school!" He then proceeded to do his always-obnoxious Eddie Murphy laugh.

This guy is a Grade A dumbshit.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

You have to turn this topic into a daily blog. Please.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC

Jasper Johns is the American flag guy, right?

Yep, that's him. He also did targets and numbers about the same time. Even though that was in the late 1950's, the stuff he's doing now is also pretty interesting, although it certainly doesn't get as much press as the older stuff.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Precisely. No wonder he's such a freak.

I should slip some bourbon into his iced tea.

That might just make him worse.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I asked if he knew what a McRib was, to which he responded, "McRib? What is dis?" So I explained...and he goes "Man, dey must be expensive!" Uhhh...yeah, no.

Then the clincher came when he said: "You know, I just found out dat you can get da special sauce on ANY BURGER and it is free. I thought it was the special sauce dat made da Big Mac so expensive!"

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"da Big Mac" is "so expensive"

When did this all happen?
colgate.gif

TemiCastro

Reaction score
funny thread... I lived in Paris for a while and the French are convinced most Americans are challenged intellectually...

Someone said something about Nigeria being "large and corrupt".. this is a case in point..

Funny thread all the same, but whats with the masochistic long-suffering attitude man. If he's so "dumb" do something and stop the whining....

Peace

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TemiCastro
If he's so "dumb" do something and stop the whining.... Peace
I agree. I was an RA and so had to sit through these things all through undergrad. If you are going to do something about it, now is the time. With Christmas break coming up soon, there will be the possibility (I assume) for your housing office to relocate you to a new room for the new semester. I'd be doing this already, even before you leave for Thanksgiving, to let them know you really need a switch. I wouldn't tell them how annoying he is, because chances are they will simply tell you "grow up and learn to live with it." Instead, if you really want the switch, I would simply say something like "Our study and living habits are so different that living with him is affecting my ability to work/study etc. My GPA is probably going to be worse this semester because of it and I REALLY need to switch for next semester." If by some chance they ask you why you waited to apply for a switch until the end of the semester, you should say, "I really wanted to give it a shot and thought we could work out a routine. Unfortunately, that didn't happen and so I really would like a new assignment." (It doesn't really matter that you hate him... you don't need to tell them that or give them examples of why). I assume you've already discussed this with your own RA and/or Resident Heads, but I would do this first and then move on to the housing office. If you wait until next semester starts, it will be much harder for you to find a new location because they will already be assigned and the housing office will already be working on the assignments for next year's freshmen (though each university is different, dealing with undergrad housing in spring semester is NEVER fun as they are going through all the applications).

SoulPatcher

Reaction score
I'm new here, and I can't stop laughing at the tennis racquet picture...

Man, you have it rough.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I'm convinced that the dorm/roommate situation was conceived by an ex-Nazi sociologist. The idea that putting two people together... ANY two people... into that small a space for that period of time is a good idea is bewildering.

I remember that in my freshman year, the housing powers that be had matched up no fewer than three pairs of guys named Mark and John, and put them all in doubles on the same floor of the same dorm, so the building had 3 doors labeled "Mark & John". there was also, incredibly, 2 girls my year named "Divya". Naturally, they were put together in a double room labeled "Divya & Divya"

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
I remember that in my freshman year, the housing powers that be had matched up no fewer than three pairs of guys named Mark and John, and put them all in doubles on the same floor of the same dorm, so the building had 3 doors labeled "Mark & John". there was also, incredibly, 2 girls my year named "Divya". Naturally, they were put together in a double room labeled "Divya & Divya"

...well, I never said that Nazi-sociologist was a particulary clever one.
teacha.gif

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's what I don't understand about this entire thread: Conne, you're at least a sophmore, right?. If so, how did you get stuck with this person? Didn't you get to pick a roommate before the year started? Does your school just randomly assign roommates, even for upper classmen?

kakemono

Reaction score
i had a friend who's roomate would sit on the edge of his bed, listen to ambient music and sway forward and backwards... and he insisted the lights be out... was creapy as all get out...

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Back when I was in college and studying art history I sent a letter to Jasper Johns on a whim asking his opinion on some matters related to a paper/project topic. I sent it to the gallery that represents him, not knowing his home address, but feeling certain that I'd never hear anything back.

Three weeks later I received a very nice linen weave paper envelope and opening it up, there was a signed letter from ole Jasper answering my questions. I was the happiest little undergrad in all of the midwest.
wink.gif
Not only is he a great artist, he seems quite friendly.

I know that has nothing to do with our topic... I just have so few examples where I get to tell that story that I couldn't resist.

How long ago was this? He's pretty old now.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactme_11
How long ago was this? He's pretty old now.

It was about ten years ago; he's now in his upper 70's (IIRC he was born in 1930).

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakemono
i had a friend who's roomate would sit on the edge of his bed, listen to ambient music and sway forward and backwards... and he insisted the lights be out... was creapy as all get out...
You roomed with Bill Gates?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads