• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
well, inspired my iammatt's demented rant on button boots
smile.gif
I will go on record and say that I like Partenopea very much but I think it is overhyped on here (as is Castagnia). They make a nice jacket, a bit long for my taste and a bit wide at the waist but shoulders are very soft (and longer than other's, a 40R measures about 19 at the shoulders) and the construction is good. That being said, I don't think they are doing anything better than Isaia (I think Isaia uses better fabrics) and given the relative ease of procuring Isaia at bargain prices, I would not spend $700 or more on a Partenopea suit, for what it's worth.

Unless of course I am selling one than you should pay me a lot more than $700 as it is the best suit in the world.

Speaking of which, did you know that Isaia makes some Valentino jackets? I just picked one up the other day.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
The sportcoats I wanted in 38R were both gone, a navy coarsehair with bellows pockets and suede elbow patches (ridiculous, but cool) and a bright green corduroy. Oh well. There are still a lot of nice jackets left if you are looking for one. In size small (38R) they had that cashmere herringbone bobby jones jacket in light blue and light yellow for $150. A good price if you like the colors.

Any HF sportcoats like that blue (goat hair?) one you bought last year in 38R?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
did you sleep with any of the mentioned names in your post?

Ick no. As per fashion designers only 3 on my tally sheet...2 all the way, 1 head.

WSW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Ick no. As per fashion designers only 3 on my tally sheet...2 all the way, 1 head.

Did you get a discount afterwards?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you "support" Thom?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Overshare.

Although the questioner deserves some of the blame.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About a year or two ago the Helmut Lang name/brand was purchased by the same company which owns Theory and Elie Tahari. The husband and wife designer duo from Habitual were named creative directors/designers of the line for its re-launch...which is more of a contemporary brand than the designer level it was once at. You can find the line in Barneys Co-Op and a few other stores in NY. It really isn't half that bad design wise (just picked up some cords the other day).

Funny tidbit about it...orginally Alexandre Plohkov of Cloak was asked to be the designer of the re-launched line and declined as he "did not want to be responsible for the demise of the Helmut Lang name." Hinting that its new owners pushing for commercial success would loose the spirit of its namesake.

did you sleep with any of the mentioned names in your post?

You only mention 3, and one's a woman....

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Those 3 being in no relation to Helmut Lang or any of the previous talked about designers in that post.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
ooh! ooh! Tell me one of them was Dame Karla!!!!!

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Not in 38R, unfortunately.

If anyone goes today, please update on prices!

just came back , prices are ugly, jacket $200, cashmere ones $500, suit $579, pants $99

wq1999

Reaction score
How is the selection of hickey jackets & suits? Did you happen to notice any size 38? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads