• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

graduate

Reaction score
figured that I would ask this question here, being that its a pre-existing Clarks thread, but what do ya'll think of the Wallabees? I am rather fond of these:

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by graduate
figured that I would ask this question here, being that its a pre-existing Clarks thread, but what do ya'll think of the Wallabees? I am rather fond of these:

crazy.gif

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wallabees :thumbsup: (I like the higher tops way more than the low top ones)

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gene
Beeswax is back. I just bought a pair at a Clark's store yesterday and the salesperson said they just got them in a few weeks ago. I think they only had one other color, and I don't remember which one it was.

I have been debating between leather desert boots or the jcrew mcallisters... are the beeswax available here in the US? I glanced at the site and was unable to find them. The only retailer in my area that carries clarks is Journeys and they only seem to carry a few sizes of the desert trek and wallabee. Should i just keep a look out, or are the beeswax liable to turn up on the US site sometime soon?

gene

Reaction score
I got mine a week ago at the Clark's store in Bellevue, WA. The Martin+Osa store there also had them. No idea why the Clark's US site (which is really Zappos) doesn't have them yet.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gene
I got mine a week ago at the Clark's store in Bellevue, WA. The Martin+Osa store there also had them. No idea why the Clark's US site (which is really Zappos) doesn't have them yet.

you live in bellevue? guess i'm not the only one! there are 3 people so far on SF that i've seen post from bellevue...

jps6

Reaction score
Hey guys

I really want a pair of clarks desert boots. I live in Hamilton and so want to try on a pair before i buy instaed of risking a wrong size over the net. Where is a store that sells them? Please help me.

Jason
[email protected]

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JPS, I had the same thing going on as you and went to a store to try them on. I bought them at the Clarks store about a month ago and they are so comfortable. I sized down 1/2 a size from 10.5 to a 10. They fit like a glove and feel perfect. I had tried the 10.5 on before that and they felt horrible, so sizing does make a huge difference with this shoe.

My advice: Order them from www.Zappos.com, you'll get free overnight shipping (both ways in case you need to return them) and it's not such a boo boo if you don't like the sizing. Size down 1/2 a size and you should be golden.

erbs

Reaction score
I'm also thinking about getting a pair and I'm wondering if they stretch out much.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't really feel like they did. They did get softer though. I'd say I've had them a monthish and they have gotten a good amount of wear.

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jps6
Hey guys

I really want a pair of clarks desert boots. I live in Hamilton and so want to try on a pair before i buy instaed of risking a wrong size over the net. Where is a store that sells them? Please help me.

Jason
[email protected]

I know you are worried about size, but within New Zealand, a shop down in Dunedin called Identity has some in stock. I haven't got their card on me, but when i do i'll post their number. Kevin and Danny are very, very helpful and fingers crossed should have your size in and be able to help you. It saves on international postage too.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chrono, I got mine at the Clarks store. We've got one in two of the nearby nicer malls. As far as non-Clarks stores, I've never seen them myself aside from a small chain of stores here in Atlanta called Abbadabba's that my friend's family owns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads