• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IT Holding USA & Soiffer Haskin present

MALO

Men's and Women's Knitwear
Cashmere, Cotton, Silk, and other precious yarns

70% off Retail

Sun, Nov 4 through Wed Nov 7
Sun-Tues 9-630
Wed 9-5

Soiffer Haskin
317 W 33rd, just west of 8th Ave

CC only
AmEx, Visa, MC

More info: 718 747 1656

felixb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Turnbull & Asser sale (not sure how incredible the prices will be...)
left.jpg
right.gif

Do they ever have sales -- have they had one since summer last year?

Thank you

coachvu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by felixb
Do they ever have sales -- have they had one since summer last year?

Thank you

They have an annual sale around the same time as that ad mentions.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
SOIFFER"¢HASKIN
Cordially invites you to
a private sale of HICKEY FREEMAN

Men's Clothing, Furnishings
& Sportswear

Also a limited selecton of
Bobby Jones Women's Cashmere Sweaters

Sunday, Oct. 28th through Thursday, Nov. 1st

Was there in line early in the AM near the front. Didn't see anybody I knew. What's going on? Are the styleforum bargain hunters finally satiated? Well ok, it's no Paul Stuart once every 2 year blow out. But I desparately needed more pants. 3 pairs for $295. Sports jackets were going for $295 (cashmere more $$$). Belts ~$25.

BankerBoi

Reaction score
re SOIFFER"¢HASKIN, a private sale of HICKEY FREEMAN
It's beside the Olivia apts, across from the post office.
Coat and bag check, no photography.

Originally Posted by poorsod
Was there in line early in the AM near the front. Didn't see anybody I knew. .... But I desparately needed more pants. 3 pairs for $295. Sports jackets were going for $295 (cashmere more $$$). Belts ~$25.

Was there in PM.

Suits $629, 3 for $1700. Shirts $79, Ties 3/$110
Most tailored businessware has an extra discount for 3 items of same class.
Large fitting room, no tailoring service[*].

Cashmere sweatpants $79, lovely (!) corduroy sportcoats in loud colours.

Socks $10.

Go as a team, buy in threes, save more.

[*] I will need adjustment to off the rack suit.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stopped by around noon. There were some decent deals to be had. I tried on a very nice navy suit. Absolutely classic and in a very nice wool with a surprisingly nice shape to it. Would have been a good deal for the price if I needed it.

I'll be back later in the week. My mission was to find a tuxedo. I did, but the pants didn't match and they couldn't find them. Very frustrating.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can someone who frequents C21 give me a roundup of what I can expect to find and at what price points? I'll be in town next week for work and might take a short trip over.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
You can get Lanvin suits for $900 down from $2500. I think the Brioni usually hovers around $1300-1500. Tons of Hickey Freeman, Joseph Aboud, Armani Collezioni, Hugo Boss, the one cheap RL thing (Laruen Ralph Lauren??) that can go from $200-$600.
Randomly they'll have Dunhill and Valentino.
Typically they'll have a rack of trousers from various Italian makers (don't think any Incotex).
There is also the back room that has more designer clothing from Cavalli, Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Missoni, Versace, Armani.
Note: All of this is on the top floor in the men's area that looks like an old train station.
On the 1st floor in men's you can find plenty of belts, ties and gloves.

BigHandMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I stopped by around noon. There were some decent deals to be had. I tried on a very nice navy suit. Absolutely classic and in a very nice wool with a surprisingly nice shape to it. Would have been a good deal for the price if I needed it.

I'll be back later in the week. My mission was to find a tuxedo. I did, but the pants didn't match and they couldn't find them. Very frustrating.

I think that I lucked out - found a very cool navy/grey melange with brown windowpane sportcoat. Patch pockets, narrow lapels and single vent - reminds me of stuff my Dad wore when I was a kid. Pretty good deal for $299. I don't usually like single vent jackets, but the fit on it was killer right off the rack. I'll try to post pics later to give everyone an idea. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to see if they had it in other sizes. This was the only 40R.

There's a healthy selection of HF cord trousers. The fit is moderately slim. They're a little pricey at $129 but not beyond consideration. I picked up a pair in dark brown.

I found the suit selection disappointing, but that's mostly b/c HF style is not my personal preference. They had a limited selection of HICKEY stuff - including a pretty cool light brown cotton suit - but nothing much beyond that.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Can someone who frequents C21 give me a roundup of what I can expect to find and at what price points? I'll be in town next week for work and might take a short trip over.

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
You can get Lanvin suits for $900 down from $2500. I think the Brioni usually hovers around $1300-1500. Tons of Hickey Freeman, Joseph Aboud, Armani Collezioni, Hugo Boss, the one cheap RL thing (Laruen Ralph Lauren??) that can go from $200-$600.
Randomly they'll have Dunhill and Valentino.
Typically they'll have a rack of trousers from various Italian makers (don't think any Incotex).
There is also the back room that has more designer clothing from Cavalli, Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Missoni, Versace, Armani.
Note: All of this is on the top floor in the men's area that looks like an old train station.
On the 1st floor in men's you can find plenty of belts, ties and gloves.

I'm usually S.O.L in the tailored offerings because they hardly stock my size. I tend to concentrate on accessories. You can find absolutely amazing values in the ties. Very top of the line ties for roughly $40. If you're lucky, you might see some of those on sale too.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
I'm usually S.O.L in the tailored offerings because they hardly stock my size. I tend to concentrate on accessories. You can find absolutely amazing values in the ties. Very top of the line ties for roughly $40. If you're lucky, you might see some of those on sale too.
Thats why I'm going, ties alone should be worth the trip.

skefferz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BankerBoi
re SOIFFER•HASKIN, a private sale of HICKEY FREEMAN.

The HF suits I saw today were all LTD's. Eh.

This afternoon I also made a stop at C21 downtown. It was way too crowded and the merchandise wasn't that great. There were long lines at the registers and the aisles were filled with people.

Is the Xmas shopping season already here?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads