• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stupid s*** my roommate says

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I live with a very, very stupid human being. He says some of the most ridiculous things, and they truly must be documented.

Today: I told him that the dining hall had BBQ chicken sandwiches for dinner. He asked what BBQ chicken was. After a few seconds of shock, I said "Ummm, it's like a chicken breast with BBQ sauce." He goes "Oh, like chicken parmesan?" Again, speechless. "....no, it has BBQ sauce." Then, "So it's kind of teriyaki chicken." I gave up at this point.

He also didn't know what CNN was until I told him one day.

We were watching the Daily Show once, and Lynne Cheney was on, and as her name was PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED on the bottom of the screen he goes "Who is she?" I said, "Cheney's husband" and he just looked so confused.

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I live with a very, very stupid human being. He says some of the most ridiculous things, and they truly must be documented. Today: I told him that the dining hall had BBQ chicken sandwiches for dinner. He asked what BBQ chicken was. After a few seconds of shock, I said "Ummm, it's like a chicken breast with BBQ sauce." He goes "Oh, like chicken parmesan?" Again, speechless. "....no, it has BBQ sauce." Then, "So it's kind of teriyaki chicken." I gave up at this point. He also didn't know what CNN was until I told him one day. We were watching the Daily Show once, and Lynne Cheney was on, and as her name was PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED on the bottom of the screen he goes "Who is she?" I said, "Cheney's husband" and he just looked so confused.
Cheney's husband. I love it.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He also was unable to navigate to "My Computer" on his laptop. I spent probably ten minutes the other day showing him how to DRAG AND DROP files onto a flash drive.

Guess what his major is? Computer science. Yeah, I know.

He also thinks food makes you snore.

CoryB

Reaction score
I am so frequently amazed at those going to university. If you are university should you be rather intelligent (or at the very least not a complete moron), but I am proved wrong with regularity.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I live with a very, very stupid human being. He says some of the most ridiculous things, and they truly must be documented.

Today: I told him that the dining hall had BBQ chicken sandwiches for dinner. He asked what BBQ chicken was. After a few seconds of shock, I said "Ummm, it's like a chicken breast with BBQ sauce." He goes "Oh, like chicken parmesan?" Again, speechless. "....no, it has BBQ sauce." Then, "So it's kind of teriyaki chicken." I gave up at this point.

He also didn't know what CNN was until I told him one day.

We were watching the Daily Show once, and Lynne Cheney was on, and as her name was PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED on the bottom of the screen he goes "Who is she?" I said, "Cheney's husband" and he just looked so confused.

He also was unable to navigate to "My Computer" on his laptop. I spent probably ten minutes the other day showing him how to DRAG AND DROP files onto a flash drive.

Guess what his major is? Computer science. Yeah, I know.

He also thinks food makes you snore.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Conn, embrace this guy. Be a good buddy to him and help him out.

you know how stupid i was (is) ?
I did not know who Dan Quayle was until he got into office. truth. talk about prime suspect for Leno's street bit.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He asked me to take this ******* weird-ass picture.

n28406439_31385420_8621.jpg

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You would think that the farther you go in our country's educational system the more it weeds out the morons. But it really doesn't. Truth be told, the kids in my high school classes were smarter on average than my undergraduate courses. And you're going to meet plenty of idiots in graduate school as well. And then in the workplace (if you work with others), it probably gets worse.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
aww cmon.
help him out.

I just can't. He is snoring SO loud right now and all I want to do is cut my ears off.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
You would think that the farther you go in our country's educational system the more it weeds out the morons. But it really doesn't. Truth be told, the kids in my high school classes were smarter on average than my undergraduate courses. And you're going to meet plenty of idiots in graduate school as well. And then in the workplace (if you work with others), it probably gets worse.
No Child Left Behind

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads