• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyosup

Reaction score
Stazy, those look great... what's the sizing like? I think I can fit the UK 11 ones. I'm usually US 12 in Nikes and 10.5 in Chucks.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yoyosup
Stazy, those look great... what's the sizing like? I think I can fit the UK 11 ones. I'm usually US 12 in Nikes and 10.5 in Chucks.
I think they will fit you perfectly. I'm a size 9 in Nike and these were a size 8 UK.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this coming in the mail but I have a feeling its gonna be too big. Its a medium, 38-40, 26.5" long. Thats all the measurements I could find on JG Glover. I hope it fits cuz I really dig the look. I wish STP had better measurements or at least sleeve lengths.
49829_05.jpg

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
My new Black Imperial Kings.
m_9f033c60ad876a46a1a0b0bde705fcfe.jpg

I had to wait 5 weeks to get them on but it was worth it.

bsyde82

Reaction score
surface 2 air cardigan in black - medium

fits awesome and the wool material is a lot lighter and form fitting than fred perry wool for some reason

does anyone know if all surface 2 air stuff runs on the smaller side?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up some raw (selvage?) jeans over at the Gap for $20.00. I'm getting my Nudies soon, but I want to see what kind of fading I can get out of these, wearing them as beater jeans for working in and stuff like that.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
mcqueen silver silk scarf with skulls
geller trilby
apc knit tie
branquinho cardigan
patrick ervell red shawl collar with toggle

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jil Sander unlined cotton blazer

a8f0_1.JPG

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Gap has been doing raw jeans for the past year now. They're cheap on sale. The fit always looks like garbage to me and the denim never really impressed me. I mean, for $20 they're probably a good deal, but then again, it would destract me from getting wear on more worthy jeans.

Yeah, these are a place holder until my Nudies come tomorrow (which I'll be returning to size down). I am giving a speech on raw denim vs. washed denim in my public speaking class and wanted to have some raw jeans to wear. The fit is a straight slim, and does fit ok for the price. I still sized down to wear they fit fairly tightly, but I am planning on seeing what kind of wear I can get out of them, and possibly wearing these in situations I can't wear Nudies and APCs, such as working or cutting grass, etc.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are the Morrisons. Any idea if these are selvege denim? I've seen pics of the seams from selvege and the only differences I see on these is that the edge of the fabric is blue instead of white.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
geller trilby in gray from htc
geller trilby in black sample from geller himself

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I'm your basic all 'round fashion nut...I love it all. But my 2 biggest "categories" are shirts, and shoes. I've always owned a ton of shoes and boots (mostly designer), but over the past couple of years I've become thoroughly addicted to boots. They're pretty much all I wear these days. Like everything else I buy, I lean heavily to high-end, aggressive, edgy stuff...boots included.

A few recent purchases:

I own about a dozen or so pair of Donald Pliner boots. I know that for a lot of guys Pliners are kinda out there, but as the saying goes..."they're right up my alley"... Here are a couple I picked up in the past month. The profile is actually rather classic, but the execution makes them "edgy":

Donald Pliner "TJ's in "Brown Antique Gator" (at a terrific price from endless.com)
Pliner-TJ-antiquegator-brown.jpg

I liked those so much that I decided I needed them in black, and about a week later I grabbed the "Black Cobra" version:
PlinerTJ-BlackPython.jpg

For me, probably the best combo is when they take something that's relatively classic and then give it a little "twist"... And I especially have a thing for boots that have been outfitted with some interesting "hardware". So when I spotted the following pair of Varvatos boots, I pretty much thought I'd died and gone to heaven. They look incredible with a pair of boot jeans with the hem hitting just above the "bit"...

VarvatosBitBoot2.jpg

Another pair by Varvatos. They're actually a lighter brown than the pic suggests. The "bump toe" is really pronounced....maybe too much for some. But I like them a lot. They really get noticed. This is my third pair of Varvatos boots...and I couldn't be happier with all of them.

VarvatosTri-RivetHarnessBoot.jpg

And below is my most recent boot acquisition...and it was a surprising one (for me). A pair of Ferragamo's. Normally I consider their stuff a little too conservative.... I thought that was the case with these until I tried them on.

You probably wouldn't guess from the pics, but once on your feet, these are surprisingly edgy-looking...downright hip. It's not until you put them on that you discover that the toe box is more extended than you might think. And the narrow sides makes it look all the more elongated. And what really came as a big surprise....they look seriously cool with jeans! They make me feel a little bit like I'm wearing Beatle Boots (too lazy to take my own photos...I got these shots off of an e-bay auction):
FerragamoBoots2.jpg

FerragamoBoots.jpg

Dennis

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
I just picked up some raw (selvage?) jeans over at the Gap for $20.00. I'm getting my Nudies soon, but I want to see what kind of fading I can get out of these, wearing them as beater jeans for working in and stuff like that.

idk how the fading will be on these, but the morrisons are very nicely cut for $20 on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads