• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x SF jean post pics

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amlai
Woah... I didn't think that these would shrink that much since they're Sanforized. I guess that I'm going to need to give mine a soak or I'm going to start to have combs and wear in odd places.

with such little shrinkage it wont be an issue. an inch lost in the inseasm is relatively low for raw denim. i wouldnt worry.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I stretched mine when wet after a soak and they barely shrank at all in the length, as far as I can tell.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I wish the fit of the top block was better matched to the fit below the knee. As it is, there's a hint of Frankenjean to the cut, with a mid rise and relaxed fit at the hips and the very narrow cut from the knee down.
Yes, I agree. The jeans would definitely be looking better on me if they had been tight in the top block at first. I'm happy with them, but I don't really understand whose body type these would suit ideally (big waist + tiny legs?).

chris lewis

Reaction score
I'm thinking about picking up a pair of these jeans. It will be my first pair of real quality denim. Is the discounted price still available? I was on the denimbar site and they list them at $260.

I'm 5'11 and about 150 with skinny legs. Debating between 30 and 31. Don't want them too tight but not baggy either, and I tend to sag all my jeans. Any thoughts?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
Yes, I agree. The jeans would definitely be looking better on me if they had been tight in the top block at first. I'm happy with them, but I don't really understand whose body type these would suit ideally (big waist + tiny legs?).

Perhaps I have a big waist and tiny legs and I never knew it!
laugh.gif

These jeans are the single best fitting jeans I've owned, and I'm not just saying that because I have to. The pic might be an accurate description : ]

To the person who asked earlier, I'm wearing 30s actually, though I normally wear 29s. The 30s and below are pretty damn small. The waist on my Low Down 5EPs (size 29) is probably a good inch and a half larger than the waist on my size 30 SFx5EPs.

Cult: the major difference between these and the Cali's is that the Cali's have a really dropped yolk with an anti-fit seat. SFx5EP do not, and that should be your determining factor. The denim, hardware and quality on the SFx5EPs so so far out of JR's league it's like it's not even the same type of material.

NOTE: There's no financial gain for me in this so my recommendations are personal opinion, not trying to make a sale.

amlai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
To the person who asked earlier, I'm wearing 30s actually, though I normally wear 29s. The 30s and below are pretty damn small. The waist on my Low Down 5EPs (size 29) is probably a good inch and a half larger than the waist on my size 30 SFx5EPs.

I'm normally a 29 and I think I would've benefited from going up to a 30. The 29 has stretched out okay, but the leg below the knee I still feel like is extremely skinny compared to how the sizes above fit.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Man, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I think I have pretty normal body proportions and the top block was way tighter than the legs at first. It's since stretched out to be exactly right. I think these jeans are perfect.

doink

Reaction score
For me the top block is perfect, but the legs are a bit tight, especially around the knees.

I just washed mine for the first time(cold water, Dr. Bronners, hang dry), they had stretched out nicely during wear, shrank back to the original size and after a few wears have stretched back to comfy. There is distinct wear around my ankles from stacking, to the point of the indigo being completely gone in a few spots.

amlai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by prozach1576
Man, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I think I have pretty normal body proportions and the top block was way tighter than the legs at first. It's since stretched out to be exactly right. I think these jeans are perfect.

What size do you have? I think this assessment is very size dependent. In the smaller sizes I think the sentiment is that below the knee is too tight.

Countertenor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by prozach1576

Me neither. the thing I love about them is their uniform fit from the hips down to the calves.

Originally Posted by amlai
I think this assessment is very size dependent.

And ass-dependant. I think the people with the problems must be relatively assless.
laugh.gif

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have every size except 36's.
The discount still applies just type in your discount code when checking out
so the 260.00 becomes 210.00

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should add that despite my small complaint above about the cut, these jeans have garnered more compliments and looks from ladies than any other piece of clothing I own. I realize that most people here don't care what women think of their style, but I still find it interesting how many women say that they don't care for slim/skinny jeans on guys, but when said jeans are pulled off well on an appropriate body type, this seems emphatically not to be the case.

WorkingTitle

Reaction score
I just got my 5EP-SF Jeans today, and much to my dismay...I can't button them up. I get them up, and they seat fine, but i cant for the life of me button them up. I dont know wether or not this has been discussed before but is this normal? Should I stretch into them or go about getting one size up?

Here are some pictures for reference.

At Rest: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 005.jpg
Side View Rest: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 006.jpg
Ass Rest: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 008.jpg
Trying to stretch: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 010.jpg
Come onnnn!: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 011.jpg
Full View: http://blackhawkit.com/arya/Jeans/Picture 015.jpg

What do you guys think?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads