• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20071025eXX.jpg

20071025gXX.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Stop it!

You're making me want one.

leon12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcate3
[Nomos] is making a push to develop in-house movements although I think many of their models still have ETA inside.

All new Nomos models have inhouse movements.

+1 Sinn and Nomos are two very different watches.

entropy kid

Reaction score
Does anybody have recommendations on this one (Damasko DC66, Valjoux 7750)? I might be able to get hold of it rather cheap. My other alternative woud be a Sinn 757 UTC.

dc66_detail_2_gr.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Is the bezel normally that color or is dulled from some glare?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
dbcalibre992silverb_1846_detail.jpg

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I think Rolex made some very nice models in the past but these days they are really more status symbols than true tools.

They are both actually. A lot of pilots and pro divers swear by them. The Sinns are very good watches but not considered as durable as Rolex.

P.S. I don't think price negates a watch from being used as a tool watch. It's about functionality.

I like the dial on Guapo's watch but from the side it looks like one is wearing a compass.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I wouldn't sleep with any of them.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
No...but, I just put my name on Watch Buy's waiting list. I hear 10-12 months; but, I also heard that you can buy direct from D&S to have custom engraving or colors etc done.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
No...but, I just put my name on Watch Buy's waiting list. I hear 10-12 months; but, I also heard that you can buy direct from D&S to have custom engraving or colors etc done.
Why would you go thru a distributor when you can communicate directly with Dirk. It definitely adds to the experience when you have a direct dialogue with the one making your watch

bcate3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan

I like the dial on Guapo's watch but from the side it looks like one is wearing a compass.

I agree with this. yet, i still kinda dig it and I usually don't like the steriod induced watches. i may have to hunt one down to take a look.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I really like it too. Are we going to have a 3 way on this board?

Well if you must know, I am currently dating the beautiful woman
inlove.gif
in my avatar,..
so this 3 way is going to be strictly platonic.. Not like Ed, Conne & the unfortunate victim of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics