• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
As in 75% of the other posters here...

And chaos will now ensue.......................................

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

J.Crew vintage oxford
J.Crew cardigan
APC New Standards
Alden cordovan longwings

OGKush

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
no offense taken, mink...but, am i understanding the bolded part of your reply correctly?...are you saying that i shouldn't have posted my pic because my clothes made me unnoticeable? i don't know...is that what style is about?...making yourself noticed?...i don't think so...i believe it's about expression, yes...but, some days (many days) i'd like to express myself only to those that want to hear it...so, i don't mind so much looking like joe shmoe...in fact, i sometimes relish in it... it may not look like it, but i was saying a few things with my outfit, today...and, i felt compelled to post it because it felt so very non-sf, that i thought i'd add it for the sake of heterogeneity, if nothing else
if theres anyone who SHOULDNT be posting style advice... its minkous i dont give a **** if its 'against the norm' but he looks like he's either colorblind/marsupialed when picking matching accessories (i.e ties, hats, everything)

Minkous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OGKush
if theres anyone who SHOULDNT be posting style advice... its minkous

i dont give a **** if its 'against the norm' but he looks like he's either colorblind/marsupialed when picking matching accessories (i.e ties, hats, everything)

Lol thats like telling Anna Wintour don't wear sunglasses inside or calling Hamish Bowles colorblind. I guess fame and fortune really changes things, so the normal guy can't venture outta the realms of color and should only be limited to those things that match perfectly. Without people taking chances there would be no fashion industry.
By the way my orig comment wasnt intended to sound that derragotory. and OGKush please do post some of your fits

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cloudhands69
^Here's another way to put it:

The outfit you posted is boring and unremarkable.

eh...maybe so...but, isn't it somewhat remarkable to feel incredibly comfortable and at ease?...and to actually exude that?

Originally Posted by cloudhands69
Nothing fits you right. Olive is not a good color for you, in my opinion.

nothing fits?...that jacket is sz M...and i have a 40" chest...i had to soak the thing and stretch the sleeves out to get them the right length...and, olive's no good for me?...i think you just don't like the way it works over the navy blue t-shirt...at least, that's what i hope...i love olive...and olives

Originally Posted by sforzando
In my opinion, yes.

hmm...having style = going around screaming "notice me! notice me!"...if that's true, i've got more issues than i thought

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Tough crowd for the gaucho. I, for one, dig the jacket, although it might be a little big, and I don't see what's wrong with olive. The jeans and glasses look a little dated, it 's true.

I also wouldn't discourage people from posting in WAYWT. OK, maybe kitonbrioni. No, I take that back, not even him/it

the crowd is cool...i kinda figured i'd stir the pot a bit with this one...thanks for having the courage to buck the trend, shoreman
smile.gif

yeah...the jeans are most definitely dated...and oversized more than i would prefer...but, look at that incredible stacking!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
No offense but this just makes you look like any other joe schmo on the street

As in 75% of the other posters here...

75%???...but, how many of them do it for less than $40?
smile.gif

well, socal, you are certainly in the other 25%...and, let me take this opportunity to say this:

when i first found this site and was perusing the backposts, i came across a post of yours where you mentioned that an ex-bf broke up with you because he "couldn't be with someone who spent so much on clothes"...initially, i sympatized with his point of view....

but, after looking at more of your posts, i realized that you were less of a rich-boy who just throws money at his wardrobe and much more like an artist who happens to use expensive and rare paints as his medium of expression
smile.gif

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Minkous
Lol thats like telling Anna Wintour don't wear sunglasses inside or calling Hamish Bowles colorblind.

Am I supposed to know who these people are?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Sola
Am I supposed to know who these people are?

obviously you are not cultured sir. pg 49 of the jcrew catalog, f/w 03

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock

Ahh, that's the problem. I was searching for those names in my collection of German bondage Appreciation.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Sola
Ahh, that's the problem. I was searching for those names in my collection of German bondage Appreciation.

crackup[1].gif
i almost peed my over-sized faded jeans

Minkous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock

Was that supposed to be a direct insult for my collection of Jcrew clothes? Don't really see how you can knock on me for that because I DO WORK THERE and have been with the company for a few years now.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
would someone post pictures please, all this real , fake or otherwise stupid bickering is kind of lame.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
would someone post pictures please, all this real , fake or otherwise stupid bickering is kind of lame.

smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
And chaos will now ensue.......................................
Sure was humble of him to include himself in that 75%. He makes organic asparagus farmers around the world so proud...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDC
Well, although I do like my denim tight and narrow (and could understandably be considered feminine by bros, frat-boys and old people), this of course this is a look that does not fare well on all body types. But really though, that much stacking looks absurd on anybody.
smack.gif

If you think that's absurd wait until you see my diors
crackup[1].gif

PS. I think you're extraordinarily tight jeans look absurdly feminine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics