• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Babar
I haven't tried this one yet as I assumed it was just too feminine to be worn by men? )
Not really... it's a little lighter than Scent Intense, but it's the same scent. Sort of how the Helmut Lang EdC and EdP are the same scent, only slightly different elements focused. If you already have Scent Intense, I wouldn't actually bother getting the regular scent... because they're not really different. Scent Sheer is another you could try, if you wanted something with the same scent but lighter and good for spring days or even after going to the gym. The only one to avoid is Scent Gloss... that's the one that's candied and girlishly sweet. IMO, they probably did the Scent Gloss because none of the other versions of Scent were distinctly feminine enough. I'd get Black Orchid, btw... if you like Scent Intense I think you'll LOVE Black Orchid. John

Reaction score
Ahhhh Black Orchid. I think you will love it.

Today I wore Lacoste Homme

Tomorrow will most likley be Hanae Mori.

allenpa5

Reaction score
I've got on an oldie, but still a goodie. It's Versace:The Dreamer.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today I lingered in front of that drawer in my night stand - the one containing spare shaving goodies and scents - and this time I actually had a scent in mind: Helmut Lang Cuiron. I found it and applied liberally, and I think Mrs. T likes this one, since she withheld her usual complaints. Funny enough, there's a clean note in there that is meshing with my shaving cream this morning (almond) and I kind of like the effect.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allenpa5
I've got on an oldie, but still a goodie. It's Versace:The Dreamer.

Dreamer is a good one and very unconventional for a mainstream scent... I've never heard anybody neutral about it. They either love it or hate it. Personally, I always really liked it.

I also like the packaging (the rococo Medusa bottle is really great!) I haven't used the fragrance in a while, but I use the body shampoo a lot just to get a hint of the scent now and then.

For me, it's rainy and cool today, so L'artisan Voleur de Rose fits the bill nicely.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone has given me a bottle of Bulgari - Aqua should I use it or pass it on.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
For me, it's rainy and cool today, so L'artisan Voleur de Rose fits the bill nicely.
Good call. That and Tea for Two are my L'Artisan's of choice. Of course, there's always time for Mechant Loup, Passage de Enfer, and Timbuktu. If the circus is in town, I'll go with Dzing, so the Elephants will feel at home around me. Went with YSL Live Jazz today. I've been neglecting it lately so I figured it was worth a breakout.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
Good call. That and Tea for Two are my L'Artisan's of choice. Of course, there's always time for Mechant Loup, Passage de Enfer, and Timbuktu. If the circus is in town, I'll go with Dzing, so the Elephants will feel at home around me.

Went with YSL Live Jazz today. I've been neglecting it lately so I figured it was worth a breakout.

I like all of those and use them regularly, except for Passage d'enfer. I've never been able to use it myself, but like it on others. I never did take the plunge on Dzing! after sampling it; I never liked it as well as two other dry, weird leathery scents that I already have (Knize Ten and Parfum d'empire Cuir d'Ottoman) and so never bought the whole bottle.

I'm wearing Prada Amber today; I really like it in cooler weather.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Following the L'Artisan trend, Dzing! for me today.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Another L'Artisan fan, Mechant Loup for me today. It is chilly but sunny today and this scent is very well suited for this kind of weather.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am currently kicking myself for not pouncing on a bottle of Dzing! I saw for sale. So many fans...

I had to talk myself out of a second day of Cuiron, and went with Antaeus instead. Mrs. T. asked where I got the granny perfume from. Must get her nose checked.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
Someone has given me a bottle of Bulgari - Aqua should I use it or pass it on.

It's probably popular and safe, even for work. Do you like it? If I like it, I wear it, no matter how much Mrs. T wrinkles her nose at me. Than again marriage has those perks...

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
Went with Dior Homme today. I don't know what it is about this scent but I get far more complements than any other scent I have, especially from women.

This is true. The girls be lovin' it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads