• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Anthousa Fig&Vetiver for me today. This one isn't well known, but in my opinion, it's the nicest fig scent on the market (better than Premier Figuier, Philosykos, etc.) I love it and have been waiting for the right occasion...
Interesting. Got a link? I was never a fan of either of the L'Artisan fig scents, or Philosykos for that matter. I'm sure I could find a place in my lineup for a nice fig scent. Does it only play nice in the colder weather? Went with Narcisso Rodriguez for men today. Decided to give it another shot. It's not as bad as the first impression I got with it, but I definitely think it reminds me of sweat, and that's not a good thing.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
Interesting. Got a link?

I was never a fan of either of the L'Artisan fig scents, or Philosykos for that matter. I'm sure I could find a place in my lineup for a nice fig scent. Does it only play nice in the colder weather?

I don't have a link off hand, but a google search will bring up points of sale and info about it. It's good in cooler weather, but what I like about it best is that it keeps the fig note while being quite light (but of EdP strength, so excellent longevity). My problem with a lot of fig fragrances is that they are so woody, wet, and a little foodish/heavy for me. The Anthousa is not, but definitely has the fig note in it.

Anyway, it's cool enough to today that I'm happy to bring out again the one... the only... Knize Ten.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yesterday I wound up smelling like gear oil (cause I was wearing it after some car work), but after a shower I tried Dior Homme again and found myself thinking lipstick (once again) and this time Cocoa Puffs. Still not sure who thought that was a good combination.

So this morning I got back to my old self and am wearing Caron Yatagan. I wish they sold this in 55-gallon drums.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, Thomas, you and your Yatagan.
wink.gif

Anyway, Costume National Scent for me today. I like the "Scent Intense" version better, but I ran out a few months back and so am going to go through this one before getting a new bottle. It's quite light and sweet, but has a richness and depth underneath everything that keeps it very interesting.

Minkous

Reaction score
Today I am wearing Marc Jacobs Cologne.... A lovely scent but something about it makes me sneeze when i first put it on. Does it tickle any one elses nose?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wink.gif

Normally I don't say this sort of thing, but when you've got a classic, and you actually like it, you keep coming back to it. It's almost keeping me warm today as some cold rain has blown in. One of the reasons I like Yatagan so much is that it reminds me of burning oak. So when you've got that oak log in your fireplace (and we have a fireplace now, finally) that acrid, comfortable smell, is Yatagan.

Inquiring minds want to know...Did you have the occasion to apply Curzon this past weekend?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Inquiring minds want to know...Did you have the occasion to apply Curzon this past weekend?

I did... it was the best visit we've ever had... and the shortest!!!

I will try this Curzon-theory again... probably for certain the next time I get audited.
wink.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mugler's A*Men today.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lubin Idole today.

Went to a fragnance event on Saturday and smelled a whole bunch of things. Nothing really grabbed me though.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Idole is a good choice... I really think that one is a standout, warm, boozy, and a little sweet. The bottle design is nice, as well.

My Scent-of-the-Day:
Rainy and chilly today, perfect for wearing Lorenzo Villoresi Musc.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Its chilly-willy out there, but the sun seems to be peeking out finally. I had a good run, and then for some reason I got into a strange blend of sunny/go-to-hell moods. So I'm wearing L'Autre.

Mrs. T. does not like this one, and I think she might just be indifferent between L'Autre, and not showering post-run.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan today.

John, Have you come across any other boozy scents?

Babar

Reaction score
wink.gif

Anyway, Costume National Scent for me today. I like the "Scent Intense" version better, but I ran out a few months back and so am going to go through this one before getting a new bottle. It's quite light and sweet, but has a richness and depth underneath everything that keeps it very interesting.

I haven't tried this one yet as I assumed it was just too feminine to be worn by men? I absolutely love Scent Intense though and has been complemented by complete strangers on it several times.

Today I wore Cuiron by HL. I recently scored a big 3.3oz bottle so I don't have to use it as sparingly as I did before (I also have the deostick to layer with, it's just not very strong on its own on me). I think my next purchase will be one by Tom Ford; either Black Orchid or the new Men Extreme. I haven't smelled either yet but it's always fun to buy blind
smile.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Babar
Today I wore Cuiron by HL. I recently scored a big 3.3oz bottle so I don't have to use it as sparingly as I did before (I also have the deostick to layer with, it's just not very strong on its own on me).

Lucky, lucky, lucky. I use Rocabar as a surrogate, but it's not a very close one. Hoarding my one small bottle for when it finally gets cold. Maybe I'll actually use some this year.

Agree on buying blind - that's how I stumbled into Yatagan. and Antaeus, for that matter. Now Curzon, I actually had a sample of that before I ordered, and now, well, let's don't discuss that one...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads