• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson MP at Bennies' Shoes (Atlanta)

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Will the Timothy ever get marked down further?

You don't really expect her to answer that do you?

My guess is that it is selling briskly and they have no reason to mark it down right now as the market is bearing the price.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
You don't really expect her to answer that do you?

My guess is that it is selling briskly and they have no reason to mark it down right now as the market is bearing the price.

Hey, who's side are you on here?
patch[1].gif
Perhaps if they know there is some pent-up demand for it if the priced dropped to say, $250, then they might be inclined to mark it down.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Hey, who's side are you on here?
patch[1].gif
Perhaps if they know there is some pent-up demand for it if the priced dropped to say, $250, then they might be inclined to mark it down.

Hehe, of course, my apologies. Perhaps somebody needs to introduce the folks at Bennie's to the concept of price elasticity of demand.

In the meantime, I am heading down there tonight to get me them chukka boots.

Shoegal

Reaction score
As far as I know this is the last of the mark downs, but I guess anything is possible!!!

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoegal
As far as I know this is the last of the mark downs, but I guess anything is possible!!!

Ha ha! Nicely played Shoegal.
worship.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just by the by for any foreign purchasesr they have a fault with their internet purchases with the foreign/zip postcode and you have to use an email address

Here is their response:

I apologize for the inconvenience. It is a flaw with out shopping cart software. Please forward your order information to our sales department ([email protected]). They will be happy to assist you.

I am also copying this message to them, so either way they will be in contact with you shortly.

Thank you for your patronage.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Hehe, sorry about that, I assumed everybody had a 73" monitor..

Do the Grenson Timothy shoes fit like the AE's? I wear an 11D in the AE's, is would that be my Grenson size?

Also, Mr. Gnatty Rotten, how do they look in person? Are they antiqued? Would they go with a less Trad, more modern wardrobe?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not a huge fan of AE, so only have one pair, Lexington in size 11. I needed an 11 1/2 in the Timothy which again, is somewhat strange since 99% of my shoes are size 11 or under.

I am not sure antiqued is the best way I would put it, but they do look very nice in person, pictures do not do them justice. I would imagine they could easily be antiqued but I like them the way they are.

Incidentally, I am not sure I would hold my breath for them to get marked down, as I was in there tonight to buy those chukkas and the salesman told me the Timothy was the fastest seller they had. However, never say never.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone gone into the store in atlanta? are there items on sale there aswell or just online?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, the location on Piedmont. Its where the stock that feeds the website is located. They also have some that I didn't see on the web.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoegal
FYI we've marked some Grensons styles down.

Thanks but how do foreigners buy 'em when we can't work the site due to a computer fault with foreign postcodes. Can you send a Western Union money order?

Other SFers have suggested you need to go up a size on your US size. But if you are a USA 11E will you get away with it or will you still have to go up to 11.5D?

Shoegal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Thanks but how do foreigners buy 'em when we can't work the site due to a computer fault with foreign postcodes. Can you send a Western Union money order?

Other SFers have suggested you need to go up a size on your US size. But if you are a USA 11E will you get away with it or will you still have to go up to 11.5D?

The problem with outside the US, is we are getting KILLED with custom fees, I just sent something to France and the shipping & custom fees were 2X the cost of the shoes. Sorry.

As far as the sizes go, we show what Grenson has marked inside the shoe. We don't make up the sizes and/or change the sizes. These shoes are marked with US sizes. The shoes are handmade so the sizes marked inside are written in ink.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads