• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singular

Reaction score
Originally Posted by el Guapo WOngO!
Yes I saw the Manometro S (sport version made of carbon fibre) as well as the Manometro Cronograph.

For me the Sport was too modern & reminded me of a Suunto sports watchs (though the cf was very impressive - I'd be tempted to get it to match my Cinelli full carbon road bike, but us roadies would never wear something as bulky etc on a ride).
[IG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c198/PhatGee/Watches/IMG_1584.jpg[/IMG]

The Chronograph was very special, but more than I wanted to spend - maybe next time..
[IG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c198/PhatGee/Watches/MaN8.jpg[/IMG]

Bah, carbon? Ti, baby, ti. :p

But there is still no titanium watch in my collection to match the Merlin - closest so far was the almost-buying of a Ti/Ta/RG SeMP Chrono...

Campy or Shimano?
smile.gif

/M

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Shimano.

I'd need a Boron Carbide Ceramic Metal Matrix to match my bike.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Singular
Bah, carbon? Ti, baby, ti. :p

But there is still no titanium watch in my collection to match the Merlin - closest so far was the almost-buying of a Ti/Ta/RG SeMP Chrono...

Campy or Shimano?
smile.gif

/M

Mmmm, should I start a thread on Italian bikes.. Or just post a pic?

Singular

Reaction score
I vote for a cycling thread. Not just road bikes, not just Italian ones. All cycling. Especially beautiful everyday getting groceries/off to work/going to the cafe kind of cycling.

/M, using a fixed 70s DeRosa Primato as commuter...

jpb

Reaction score
My wife took one look at the Manometro and offered to buy it for me. Usually she just rolls her eyes when I'm looking at watches.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpb
My wife took one look at the Manometro and offered to buy it for me. Usually she just rolls her eyes when I'm looking at watches.

I'm not for sale.. Joke..

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bah, carbon? Ti, baby, ti. :p But there is still no titanium watch in my collection to match the Merlin - closest so far was the almost-buying of a Ti/Ta/RG SeMP Chrono... Campy or Shimano?
smile.gif
/M
You have a Merlin
? Pics please please!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
For the NY'ers.

Audi, Glashutte Orginal, Men's Vogue and Wempe invite you to a special week-long exhibit at the Audi Forum New York City.

"Watches & Wheels: Precision German Engineering"

Thurs Oct 25-Tues Oct 30
Audi Forum New York City
250 Park Ave (at 47th St.)

Singular

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
You have a Merlin? Pics please please!

I'm sorry to disappoint you - but it's not a Ti/Ta/RG bike...
wink.gif

Anyway, haven't got any pics of the stallion by itself, but I'm riding from time to time (yep, that means all of the time...) and taking pics, mostly of the beautiful coastal scenery around here. Sometimes I show up on the pics too...

cykel_1192404144.jpg

Tomorrow morning I'll go for a dirty little ride with the Surly 1x1 on some tight, twisty singletrack...

Yes, to stay somewhat OnT;

paket12wk6.jpg

A grail watch arriving today - Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001, pictured with a silicone tropic. A simply amazing piece.

/M

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
You need aero bars on that thing!

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heres' my Cinelli Mecano (& before you say anything.. I know.. How could I put Shimano on an Italian steed.. Give me a break, it is my first roadie & I wasn't sure how long I would stick with it.. I already went over my budget by x2!!!) My bella in front of my bruto (AR 147GTA #100/100 now gone & replaced with a 159SW)
DSC00024.jpg
DSC00055.jpg
Are we ready to see me in Lycra & with hair? Too the moderator feel free take off if a man in Lycra offends..
BlackASSOS.jpg
Darn- have we hi-jacked this thread.. Here's a pic of my Omega 45.5mm Planet Ocean next to bike top tube:
DSC00133.jpg

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote for a cycling thread. Not just road bikes, not just Italian ones. All cycling. Especially beautiful everyday getting groceries/off to work/going to the cafe kind of cycling.

/M, using a fixed 70s DeRosa Primato as commuter...

I have a series of pics of women on bikes.. Daily attire not lycra.. Something about a stylish women casually riding a bike with a basket..

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Vu_White_CompThumb250px.jpg

diamondbeach.jpg

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics