• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Twisting Seams on High End Denim. Poor Construction?

Seaweed

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of high end japanese selvedge jeans. I am going to leave the name out because I don't want it to bias anyones response. Anyways, I gave the denim a cold soak and then let them dry, and have been wearing them for a day or two and noticed that the selvedge seam on one of the legs keeps twisting from the side of my leg toward the middle of the front of my shoe. so instead of having a seam on each side of my leg, at my 3 and my 9, the seams are more like at my 11 and 5.I tried to twist it but it keeps moving back, the whole seam from my knee down is starting to go across the front of my shin and the back of my calf. Is this something I could fix or is something that is normal, or is this something that is a result of poor construction on the makers part and something i should speak to them about? Thanks.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's completely normal and there's nothing you can do. Some people actually like the twisting of their denim. Rogan even went out of his way to construct his jeans that way.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
It's completely normal and there's nothing you can do. Some people actually like the twisting of their denim. Rogan even went out of his way to construct his jeans that way.

+1.

Reaction score
What jeans did you get? Leg twist for the win!

capnpyro

Reaction score
God I haven't had leg twist in years, I can't stand it. I guess there's something for everyone but I've returned jeans on multiple occasions where there's leg twist.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I agree, it looks awful. I cringe everytime I see ayn's jeans especially the fact that he highlights the awkwardness by cuffing them so the selvedge facing the front of the shoe on one leg
crackup[1].gif

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Leg Twists are ugly as well, I don't wear my new standards any more just cause of that...

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
god hates twisted seams

leviticus 18:10

batorizer

Reaction score
i can't fuckin stand that **** either; i just burned my eternals and turned my lvc 47's into daisy dukes. anyone need extra fabric?

tigerx

Reaction score
I think Leg Twists are ugly as well, I don't wear my new standards any more just cause of that...
wow you just scare me off of buying a pair of NS. so there is nothing you can do to avoid/fix this problem?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerx
wow you just scare me off of buying a pair of NS. so there is nothing you can do to avoid/fix this problem?

Embrace it. They're just jeans, not dress attire, hence not meant to be visually perfect. Oddities like selvedge, twisted seams, extra inseam for stacking etc. are what make them special.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
like this?
trrejomeviwa1769b76qy2.jpg

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seriously dont understand how anyone can see leg twist as a problem on selvage jeans. Looks cool and has natural reasons.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
I seriously dont understand how anyone can see leg twist as a problem on selvage jeans. Looks cool and has natural reasons.

what he said.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads