• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zara outerwear?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I love the stuff but I'd never pay full retail for it. Hello sales and ebay.

capnpyro

Reaction score
I just picked up a zara coat a couple weeks ago and love it. The fit is nice and slim, build quality seems reasonably good and the price was right. I'd feel safe buying a bigger coat from them

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
I just picked up a zara coat a couple weeks ago and love it. The fit is nice and slim, build quality seems reasonably good and the price was right. I'd feel safe buying a bigger coat from them

Nice jacket. Out of curiosity, whose jeans are those, they seem to fit well.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Godspeed
Slightly off topic, but are zara pants/jeans vanity sized (i.e. size down one?)

No, you probably need to size up, all of their stuff is pretty slim.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Nice jacket. Out of curiosity, whose jeans are those, they seem to fit well.

Thanks, they're the 5EPxSF 32x36's.

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
I went to the NY store about two weeks ago. Although I liked the style of the clothes, I couldn't find anything that fit properly. I'm about a 44R, and even the XLs in most of their jackets did not fit. Shirts were somewhat better, but still very snug. The pants I tried were too low rise for my taste, but the fits were much better. Can't comment on the quality, since I didn't take anything home with me.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
What was the price on that, boss? Does it have any polyester in it?

minimalist

Reaction score
I think Zara is quite special... How to explain? We have 2 Zaras and 3 H&Ms here within five minutes waling dinstance (hey, no envy!
tongue.gif
) ... Dunno how prices are in the USA, bute here they are quite similar... Say, when you buy one item at Zara and pay 50€, you would pay 40-45€ at H&M... Also the quality is quite the same in my eyes - generally quite good for the price, but I also experienced bad luck with both of them. But thats OK
smile.gif
I think the main difference is the style of the clothes. I prefer Zara in almost all cases... H&M is better for basics I think, like thermos and tees and stuff. I hope this comparision will be of any help
smile.gif

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I ended up going with a piece from their casual line, but it isn't really that casual a jacket. It's mid-thigh length, black, double breasted, and has this sort of stretchy cotton around the collar (can't describe it exactly, almost like the cuff of a sweatshirt), which is the only thing casual about the coat. Overall, exactly what I was looking for, doesn't look like I'm wearing my dressy topcoat with jeans, but polished enough that it could be worn with a suit.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
What was the price on that, boss? Does it have any polyester in it?
Hey, it was $150. The tag says 'Outershell- 55% cotton / 45% wool, Lining- 60% rayon / 40% polyester'.

2344fgh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minimalist
I think Zara is quite special... How to explain? We have 2 Zaras and 3 H&Ms here within five minutes waling dinstance (hey, no envy!
tongue.gif
) ... Dunno how prices are in the USA, bute here they are quite similar... Say, when you buy one item at Zara and pay 50€, you would pay 40-45€ at H&M... Also the quality is quite the same in my eyes - generally quite good for the price, but I also experienced bad luck with both of them. But thats OK
smile.gif
I think the main difference is the style of the clothes. I prefer Zara in almost all cases... H&M is better for basics I think, like thermos and tees and stuff. I hope this comparision will be of any help
smile.gif

yeah, you're right. the basics at H&M are great most of the time. I got 2 jackets from Zara and they rule (Size L fits me perfectly). Zara has great basics too, but in most cases i prefer H&M, whereas Zara has betterlooking "non-basic" items such as jackets or coats.
smile.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a huge fan of Zara - I haven't boughten anything there for at least 4 years. For me, the most important aspect of my wardrobe is outerwear so I don't really like scrimping on coats. In my opinion though, Zara does have better outerwear than H&M. That being said, H&M pwns Zara in every other category.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
For me, the most important aspect of my wardrobe is outerwear so I don't really like scrimping on coats.

Which is a 180 from me, seeing as I live in SoCal, and need one coat, and need to replace it every five years or so, lol.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1738184263_9b0ec4e79f.jpg
1739032650_80b9a4562e.jpg

heres the zara peacoat i picked up a month or so ago. I'm sure the quality isn't spectacular, but it's easily above H&M and for the price ~140, the fit is great and is probably worth it more so than the inapt peacoat everyone is creaming their pants over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads