• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter hat to wear with a coat?

FatGuy_

Reaction score
Since i got myself a knee length coat, i curious what kind of hat should i get for it.
I think i will look stupid if i wear something like this with coat
Knitted_Hat.jpg

Any ideas?

FatGuy_

Reaction score
Nah, i am just 23 its to young for fedora. Besides i live in small town, people around won't understand...

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earmuff for when it's cold, but still warm enough to care how you look. The hat you posted for when it's too cold to care.

Originally Posted by FatGuy_
Nah, i am just 23 its to young for fedora. Besides i live in small town, people around won't understand...

flylot74

Reaction score
How about a tweed flat cap? One is never too young to wear those and they are certainly better looking. Also might look into a Greek Fisherman hat.

Brigden

Reaction score
I've got a beautiful NWT wide rib knit cashmere beanie in black I'm about to post in the sale section. It would probably fit the bill. Interested?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wear a deerstalker and really give them something to talk about.
smile.gif

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a side note, has anyone ever heard this referred to as a "Toboggan hat" instead of a beanie?

Since i got myself a knee length coat, i curious what kind of hat should i get for it.
I think i will look stupid if i wear something like this with coat
Knitted_Hat.jpg

Any ideas?

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest something like the Borsalino in the attached image.

Brigden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
On a side note, has anyone ever heard this referred to as a "Toboggan hat" instead of a beanie?

We call them toques.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always referred to it as a Tobaggan too.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
I'd suggest something like the Borsalino in the attached image.

Those type of hats are very versatile. I have a few Borsalinos like that and wear them with everything from very casual, to dressed up. When you take them off, they don`t take a lot space, as you can just crumble them up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads