• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hip-hop culture hurting NFL

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Believe it or not there are many blacks who don't like hip hop. I think hip-hop is more for imbecilic teenage white boys anyway.

Let's just call a spade a spade. This isn't about "hip-hop" culture, it's about the blacks. The blacks are doing irreparable damage to the NFL.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I havent played computer games since I was 12. I played NHL 1999.

This summer when I went home after school, I did get addicted to grand theft auto on my brother's play station but that's about it.

OK. Now we're getting somewhere. I think I see where you're coming from.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
OK. Now we're getting somewhere. I think I see where you're coming from.

This is hilarious... being analyzed with someone who threatens to fight someone on the internet then wraps it in the veil of a joke with his "opponent" doesn't reciprocate the e-thug speak.

I'm afraid whatever categorization you're trying to put me into won't fit, especially a "gamer". Most nights in highschool I didnt get home till at least after 10, most nights midnight, so I'm afraid it's back to the drawing board for you.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is hilarious... being analyzed with someone who threatens to fight someone on the internet then wraps it in the veil of a joke with his "opponent" doesn't reciprocate the e-thug speak.

I'm afraid whatever categorization you're trying to put me into won't fit, especially a "gamer". Most nights in highschool I didnt get home till at least after 10, most nights midnight, so I'm afraid it's back to the drawing board for you.

I hear you, kid. Talk to me - we can work this out.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok Mike Tyson.

(Sigh) Sorry kid, I can't help you if you're not going to take this seriously. But hey, I know it's all just "entertainment" to you.
musicboohoo[1].gif

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Ok Mike Tyson.

Mike Tyson is living proof that there were emotional and intellectual cripples forged in the ghetto long before hip hops ascendancy. I think MC Hammer rocks!

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
lurker[1].gif
Forget baseball. Football is America's game. It's doing fine except for occasional dumb officiating and No Fun League rules.

Who was talking about baseball?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
Who was talking about baseball?

Not me, but since you mention it I have a problem with the Manny Ramirez culture. Maybe we should just refer to that as the "Dip ****" culture?

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
I also don't buy hip-hop culture argument. I believe there are players who are white that don't participate in hip hop culture that can be problems as well. What about Jeremy Shockey? Bill Romanowski?

Most teams would kill for a "problem" like Romanowski. Let's see, most consecutive games played by a linebacker, 4 Super Bowl rings, and almost every player in the NFL was and probably still is, afraid of him. I'm a Lions fan, and we would have killed for a "problem" like that.

vincent

Reaction score
wow..roma you have no idea what you are talking about...

Think before you speak next time roma.....you got shut down

Plus you like soccer...gayest sport in the world (where all the italian players dive)

Honestly, before you talk about the nfl..first look at soccer you douchebag italian meatball

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vincent
Plus you like soccer...gayest sport in the world (where all the italian players dive)

Honestly, before you talk about the nfl..first look at soccer you douchebag italian meatball

Its a beautiful thing to see the clarity and force of reason deftly employed against the snarling hobgoblins of fear and ignorance.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Its a beautiful thing to see the clarity and force of reason deftly employed against the snarling hobgoblins of fear and ignorance.

laugh.gif

This thread is going places. Now someone please step into my well-placed trap.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My tastes run toward... blues

There have always been poor people making new music, and the musical forms that emerged from those economically disadvantaged 'hoods never came near rap in terms of celebrating violence embracing self-defeating anitsocial behavior.
Hahahahahaahaha...

Originally Posted by John Lee Hooker
I had a friend one time
Least I thought I did
He come to me
Said, 'Johnny?'
Said, 'What man?'
'I'm outdoor'
I say, 'Yeah?'

I taken the cat in
Get him a place to stay
And I found out
He goin' 'round town
Tellin' ev'rybody that he
He got my wife

Then I gets mad
I goes to the cat
Like a good guy should
I said, 'Look man
'I'm gonna warn, you just one time'
Next time I warn you'
'I'm gonna use my gun'

'Cause I'm mad, I'm bad, like Jesse James

I'm so mad, I'm so mad.
I'm gonna ruin you this mornin'.
I've got three boys
Do my dirty work
Now, you don't see me
I'm the big boss
I do the payin' off
After they take care of you

In their on way
They may shoot you
They may cut you.
They may drown you
I just don't know
I don't care
Long as they take care of you

Originally Posted by Robert Nighthawk
I went down to Eli
To get my pistol out a barn
When I got back home
My woman had gone

Yeah, gonna murder my baby
If she don't stop cheatin' and lyin' -gonna put a hurtin' on her
Well, I'd rather be in penitentiary
Than to be worried outta my mind

Calcio is a reflection of the ongoing, unacknowledged problems in Italian inner cities. As far as ruining football goes, I don't really understand that argument because the evolution of football is a perpetual process of "dishonorable tactics" and "violent antics." The Mayans "ruined" the sports predecessor, and in turn that violence was brought to England and "ruined" as football, giving us present day Calcio.

Also, who gives a **** what kind of personal lives professional athletes lead? These are people who get paid millions of dollars for kicking a piece of inflated leather around a patch of grass. If people consider them role models the problem is with those people, not the athletes themselves.
bigstar[1].gif

That right there is some razor-sharp satire. I think we have the next Vonnegut on our hands.

Also, as Violinist points out, I should've said blues rather than jazz regarding misogyny. As far as Wagner goes, biographers do debate the exact nature of his personal beliefs, but it's clear that a lot of his work is concerned with the creation/synthesis of a fairly supremacist mythology for the German people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads