• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hip-hop culture hurting NFL

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
Yes actually. Mostly with douchebags like you.

Unfortunately I won't be able to pay the dry cleaning bill since I'm only a lowly violinist.

I think I struck a nerve.....sorry kid.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I quickly skimmed through the thread (the only american football player I can name is OJ and he's long retired) but read the article...
confused.gif

I guess the next time I can't satisfy my gf in bed I'll blame the californian Appreciation industry for busting her standards....

There are instances where I could factor in a specific culture and tie it to negative traits but here we're talking about a very small and specific sample where the factor for them to be arrogant assholes stand way outside of hip-hop and enter the realm of "celebrity culture", monetary status, enormous pressure and having to wear shiny tights while being adulated by other men who probably say they hate ****.

Oh and in case you hadn't noticed football is a symbolic arena; you need your bad guys, your personality conflicts and your falls from grace, otherwise nobody would watch it.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Oh and Roma, I think the Italians are ruining football, I hate their dishonorable tactics and violent antics. Probably due to their macho culture or something....

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Sorry - didn't see your edit. Kidding about rap or kidding about
boxing[1].gif
? You're a total fool if you think that I'd seriously challenge someone who lives in a different state to a fight over the internet. As for rap, I've posted my thoughts on that before, much along the lines of what I've written here. You can look them up! Not frontin', dude!
bounce2.gif

This is the internet and people here tend to take things quite seriously. I have a lengthy private message record where a guy actually threatens to fly to New York from the UK and beat me up. It didn't look at all dissimilar to what you wrote. I thought it was hilarious.

Also, I actually know someone here who I knew for a while (but they don't know I read this forum). They make **** up about their lives when they are in fact the top opposite of what they represent. That, and all the alleged 160 IQs, guys claiming they've beat up like 20 people in a week, being millionaires, ******* "10s" every weekend etc...

So, it's hard for me to know whether mostpeople here are either highly delusional, or if in fact, they're "kidding" (but the joke isn't funny). For me it's entertainment.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Oh and Roma, I think the Italians are ruining football, I hate their dishonorable tactics and violent antics. Probably due to their macho culture or something....

Calcio is a reflection of the ongoing, unacknowledged problems in Italian inner cities. As far as ruining football goes, I don't really understand that argument because the evolution of football is a perpetual process of "dishonorable tactics" and "violent antics." The Mayans "ruined" the sports predecessor, and in turn that violence was brought to England and "ruined" as football, giving us present day Calcio.

Also, who gives a **** what kind of personal lives professional athletes lead? These are people who get paid millions of dollars for kicking a piece of inflated leather around a patch of grass. If people consider them role models the problem is with those people, not the athletes themselves.
bigstar[1].gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the internet and people here tend to take things quite seriously. I have a lengthy private message record where a guy actually threatens to fly to New York from the UK and beat me up. It didn't look at all dissimilar to what you wrote. I thought it was hilarious.

Also, I actually know someone here who I knew for a while (but they don't know I read this forum). They make **** up about their lives when they are in fact the top opposite of what they represent. That, and all the alleged 160 IQs, guys claiming they've beat up like 20 people in a week, being millionaires, ******* "10s" every weekend etc...

So, it's hard for me to know whether mostpeople here are either highly delusional, or if in fact, they're "kidding" (but the joke isn't funny). For me it's entertainment.

Where's that 'Internet - Serious Business' thingy when you need it? You had a lengthy PM record w/ a guy who threatens to fly over form the UK to beat you up, and claim that it wasn't dissimilar to my saying "read my post & meet me on the corner
boxing[1].gif
, when you live in a different part of the country?

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where's that 'Internet - Serious Business' thingy when you need it? You had a lengthy PM record w/ a guy who threatens to fly over form the UK to beat you up, and claim that it wasn't dissimilar to my saying "read my post & meet me on the corner
boxing[1].gif
, when you live in a different part of the country?

Dude... look around. It's not impossible.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude... look around. It's not impossible.

Are you a gamer? Be honest (i.e. don't front).....

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's just call a spade a spade. This isn't about "hip-hop" culture, it's about the blacks. The blacks are doing irreparable damage to the NFL.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you a gamer? Be honest (i.e. don't front).....

I havent played computer games since I was 12. I played NHL 1999.

This summer when I went home after school, I did get addicted to grand theft auto on my brother's play station but that's about it.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Let's just call a spade a spade. This isn't about "hip-hop" culture, it's about the blacks. The blacks are doing irreparable damage to the NFL.

Without "the blacks" there would be no NFL, but I understand you're "kidding".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads