• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

Jason762

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Heh heh heh, ask and ye shall receive. Thanks, j.

~ Huntsman

Ha ha ha! That's awesome! Good looking Garand, and neat Thompson. It's obvious you don't live in California.
frown.gif

Kengs

Reaction score
Very, very sharp eye. Yes, a Target model, in fact, chambered for .32 Colt New Police. Nice Smith, BTW. I collect some Colts, but I'm a Smith guy at heart, with an especial fondness for the 8-3/8" barreled pieces. Definitely need a blue M27, it's nickel brother needs a friend. What I'd really like is a nickel M53 in 8-3/8" trim. That would be sweet.

Regards,
Huntsman

I sorta cheated...I have a Police Positive in .22lr and a Police Marksman. However, like you, I am definitely more of a Smith devotee...with my fav being the 5-screw N-frame. One of my most treasured pieces is this old K-frame .22

2006_0814Image0014.jpg

Abudeeba

Reaction score
Meh, I think he means the TDE Automags. ~ Huntsman

Yeah. Obscure attempt at humor. The .44 TDE Automag--ya just gotta love a gun that requires you to make your own brass. Cool looking gun, though.

Kengs

Reaction score
My Glock 34 with custom flush fit adj. target sights (courtesy of Champion Gun Sights), and FN Five-Seven:
2005_0206Image0014.jpg
2005_0206Image0015.jpg
old Sig Sauer P226, luv it dearly
2006_0817Image0005.jpg

Abudeeba

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kengs
old Sig Sauer P226, luv it dearly
2006_0817Image0005.jpg

I had a Sig 228 with two pre Feinstein magazines. Beautiful gun and very nice workmanship. I put maybe 80 rounds through it before I sold it. Sigh.

Kengs

Reaction score
^I think I've put 5,000rds. thru mine, not a single malfunction to date.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
2005_0206Image0014.jpg

Is that a Wilcox made LAM like the one on the SOCOM Mk23?
socomcan.jpg
God that thing is sexy. Especially the IR laser.

Kengs

Reaction score
yessir, but minus the IR laser

honestly, a Surefire using the Harries grip would do just as well

ps - have onwed the MK. 23 and a USP-Tactical, much prefer the latter - the SOCOM is pretty overrated IMO.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yessir, but minus the IR laser

honestly, a Surefire using the Harries grip would do just as well

ps - have onwed the MK. 23 and a USP-Tactical, much prefer the latter - the SOCOM is pretty overrated IMO.

Um... sex appeal man. You'll never pull the girls with... "Hey, want to see my USP Tactical?"

Now, if you said "Lets go back to my pad and I'll show you my Mk. 23" you'd need a crowbar to pry them off your jock.

Kengs

Reaction score
I always found cooking to be a superior panty-dropper :drink:

Kengs

Reaction score
Another of my favs, an old S&W Mod. 27, 3inch barrel
2005_0304Image0005.jpg
Glock 19, with poser 33-rd. mag - also has the nice fully adj. target sights from Champion Gunsights
DSCF0570.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I always found cooking to be a superior panty-dropper :drink:

Cooking? Jeezus man, way to promote bad habits.

If you get girls used to "eating food" around you, next thing you know they balloon up to 300 lb fatties! Good luck with that!

I much prefer to have them trained to live in fear and awe of my superior firepower. If you can't get a girl to drop the panties by showing her your gun, you must be doing something drastically wrong.

By the way, I am kidding. I don't want any of you damn hippies out there getting all pink socked over me political incorrectness.

Kengs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Kengs, what's with the forward grip on the FN? I would think it would help mostly for auto but that's semi isn't it? Nice pieces. I'd guess that FN ammo isn't too cheap.

it's a bit gimmicky IMO, i still use an old school modified Weaver stance.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
This is true. I've been to the CMP store at Camp Perry a few times, and its pretty sweet. However, you do need to satisfy certain requirements to purchase -- have had some training, participate in shooting, etc. They have a new shipment so its probably a great time to buy from the CMP. They have .30 M1 Carbines also!

I'll second the above. I have a service grade M1 and a rack grade M1, both were Greek return guns purchased from the CMP. There isn't a better deal for an authentic M1 Garand on the market today (notice I said authentic, I'm not talking about the frankenguns like the ones offered by Springfield Armory, which are not totally built on USGI parts).

The CMP temporarily "ran out" of M1 Garands earlier this year but they're now back in stock -- and at higher prices. When I first qualified to buy a Garand through the DCM (not a typo), you could get a M1 for $185. Of course I procrastinated and waited until 2006 to purchase my first Garand, when the price for a service grade gun had gone up to $500!
baldy[1].gif
You snooze, you lose ... so if anybody wants a M1 they should get one while they are still in stock.

PS the Greek (HXP headstamp) .30-06 ammo that CMP sells is great stuff. With M193 (5.56 NATO) going for over $400/k I'm shooting a lot more .30-06 these days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads