• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garment jacket where to buy?!?

Anamoly

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get my hands on this coat in NYC?

Been to Odin they dont have it

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep, you'd have to go through a proxy in Japan to get that particular jacket this season.

Anamoly

Reaction score
Makes no sense that you cant get clothes in new york from a new york based company...

whats the point of making clothes if theyre near impossible to find

totally epic

Reaction score
Aren't they a Japanese based company? It's not really their fault if no one buys a certain piece...

Plus the searching makes it more fun.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by totally epic
Aren't they a Japanese based company? It's not really their fault if no one buys a certain piece... Plus the searching makes it more fun.
No, they're NYC based. Somewhat ironic, considering it seems much easier to obtain their clothing in Japan than in the States.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
No, they're NYC based. Somewhat ironic, considering it seems much easier to obtain their clothing in Japan than in the States.

Well, technically, Engineered Garments is the New York arm of Nepenthes, which is based in the Shibuya district of Tokyo (just check out all of the internal tags on your EG outerwear.) There is also a London branch.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Well, technically, Engineered Garments is the New York arm of Nepenthes, which is based in the Shibuya district of Tokyo (just check out all of the internal tags on your EG outerwear.) There is also a London branch.
shog[1].gif

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
{{Engineered Garments is the New York arm}}.... which is still a reason to be annoyed at the difficulty associated with finding a wide selection of EG even in NYC

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The hipster angst in this thread over EG availability is weak.
laugh.gif
Go report here.

Mr Sola

Reaction score
I really like that jacket. If you find out where to get it, please post.

Anamoly

Reaction score
sure will do.

I realize i dont even know the name of this coat. Anyone?

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
I don't get why this is a big problem. Proxy order it from Japan. I recommend parachutes (username). It's just 14% for the fee and there's no customs to worry about. I would understand the problem of ordering from Japan on the higher priced items that don't translate favorably to US prices (ie: Riding Coat, Chesterfield, Woolrich). This is easy. It'll take about 10 days from paying the proxy buyer to receiving the item.

The coat is the M41.

Anamoly

Reaction score
Dumb it down a little for me friend.

By proxy user parachutes. Do you mean a dude on this board named parachutes will by it in japan and it ship it and I pay him/her?

Also the “big problem” is that I like to try stuff on. I like to strut around the store a bit to see how its wearing. You know do some everyday movements like take out my wallet and see how the coat is moving on my body. And as noted above not being able to do that with a new york based company whilst living in new york is rather frustrating.

anyway thanks for the info

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Plus, I have no idea what colors it comes in or what the price is.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads