• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
You don't like the linear reserve Gdl?
Not at all. An eyesore IMO. Looks like an afterthought and breaks the harmony of a perfect dial. A tasteful PR indicator should have been in the back of the movement through the crystal back (like the JLC powered PAM190)

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yah they have a 60s in the window of Wempe. I didn't go in ant try it on. Looks nice; but, I think the retail is actully like $6800.

Singular

Reaction score
I prefer my (a lot cheaper...) original 60s Glashütte for just another while...

ghnx3.jpg

/M

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Okay.
So my AD doesn't have the Regulateur in stock; but, she'll special order it for me if I want and can do $7,000 flat out the door with the MSRP being $10,500. Basically she'll give me 30% off any watch she has to special order for me.
However, for anything that she has in the store already she'll give me 35-45% off depending on how long she's had it. If she's had it forever she'll sell it to me at cost.
This is for IWC, Ulysse Nardin and I'll assume Jaeger (didn't ask her).
For Rolex she'll give me 25% off anything in the store or ordered.

This is an actual AD, not a grey market dealer...from what I've seen for brand new watches this is almost GMD pricing, right?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quit bragging already
plain.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Quit bragging already
plain.gif

Naw fool I'm fo reel.

I'm obviously known to not be the bargain hunter here; but, I just wanted to make sure this was worth it for an AD compared to the grey market.

And don't worry I already asked if they carried Panerai...I was thinking of you GDL
smile.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Naw fool I'm fo reel.

I'm obviously known to not be the bargain hunter here; but, I just wanted to make sure this was worth it for an AD compared to the grey market.

And don't worry I already asked if they carried Panerai...I was thinking of you GDL
smile.gif

Yes, those percentages off are good, considering they come from an AD. Plus they are giving you a pretty good price on special order stuff, which can or cannot be a pain ********** for the dealer to get depending on various factors.

Consider yourself lucky when it comes to Rolex, from what I've heard they've been tightening their hold on dealers and thus dealers have been less generous with their discounts as a direct result.

Jon.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These discounts are really very good for an AD

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
30-45% off at an AD is unheard of these days; that's even better than most reputable gray market dealers will offer.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Okay cool, well like I said it is a store owner that I've become fairly close to and helped out in a lot of other ways recently.

It's not like I'm going into Wempe or Torneau and trying to haggle with this.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay cool, well like I said it is a store owner that I've become fairly close to and helped out in a lot of other ways recently.

It's not like I'm going into Wempe or Torneau and trying to haggle with this.

You got her Thom Browne connections?

pfr0g

Reaction score
2ef44ecd-303a-4c2d-b93d-52808abd36c1.jpg

inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

The blue hands are very nice as well. Although there is just something about the silver hand one you posted Socal. It has a very clean and sophisticated look, yet is still different and interesting with the hands. Just my inexperienced .02 on the matter.

iwcregdj7.jpg

I love the Portuguese and it will be my first "expensive" watch purchase.

iwcportbluetz7.jpg

Or one of these JLC

jlcautopg6.jpg

I really like this one..

jlcgdateis6.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yah; but, I kind of like the Radiomir when it is just the plain face and if I was tempted to spend the money on the DeG or the Hublot then I would seriously consider just the rose gold Radiomir. They have one at the Torneau in TWC and it is just beautiful.

The Regulateur does call strongly to me as you know my affinity for out of the ordinary displays (A. Lange, GO).

Note that the PAM190 has been discontinued. There are still a few out there but you might want to move on one if that's what you want.

Rather than the Big Bang, I'd spent some more and get the real thing (i.e. Royal Oak Offshore).

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me & my Manometro today - I'm sure it's not everyones taste, but I like it.. Just like how I have dumped all my Brioni, Caruzzo & Corneliani suits for Armani (flame suit on)..

L1000747.jpg

20071017aXX.jpg

20071016aXX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads