• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tramezza, what makes them exceptional?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking at several new shoe purchases, some C&J's, FAM, and....perhaps tramezza.
My question is, what about them is exceptional?
Is it the lasts used, the construction, the finishing, the materials?

If some of you that own them, could walk me through the features of value, I would be most apprecitive. Any pics illustrating would be a bonus!

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
what about them is exceptional?
Is it the lasts used, the construction, the finishing, the materials?

It's all of those things combined in designs that appeal to me more than any other brand. Classic, conservative styles with some Italian pizzazz! No boring clunky AE, no crazy antiquing or thick norvegese welts... Tramezzas are the sweet spot for me and they are very well made and not as expensive as EG or JL. Also, many of their lasts fit me in 9.5 EE better than any other shoe right out of the box. Priced at $300-$350, they are hard to beat imo.

Here are a couple I have.

Accento:

img3523yp5.jpg

Gherardo

tram1iv4.jpg

DunninLA

Reaction score
Intersting comment about the fit of the EE. I KNOW the D would not fit me at all. I considered the EE, but even that seems like a standard US D in Alden, AE.

If they made a EEE, it might fit me. In fact I can't believe most people can fit into these shoes in the D fitting!

BTW, that Accento is GREAT looking.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DunninLA
Intersting comment about the fit of the EE. I KNOW the D would not fit me at all. I considered the EE, but even that seems like a standard US D in Alden, AE.

If they made a EEE, it might fit me. In fact I can't believe most people can fit into these shoes in the D fitting!

BTW, that Accento is GREAT looking.

Depending on the lasts, the EE is more like a E or sometimes a D. The Gherardo and Accento are not as narrow as the Daniely or Nostro or Filosofo monks. In the shoes pictured, the EE is more like a E than a D.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick search reveals:
Originally Posted by RIDER
I still think the Tremezza line is one of the best values in the marketplace....great shoes. I don't even think Lobb can touch Tremezza quality....actually, I know a little about shoes, and I KNOW Lobb is not as well made as Tremezza's.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ight=ferragamo

Originally Posted by RIDER
However, in the case of the Tremezza shoes, I think they are well worth the asking price. The construction is basically the same as Vass, without the hand lasting. And the materials are top notch. If a Vass shoe is worth $900, how is this shoe not worth 1/3 less? More handwork goes into these shoes than the J&M handmades I keep hearing about again, and they sold for $1000 over a decade ago. To me, if you get even a small discount on these shoes, they will be well worth the investment.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ight=ferragamo

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have the Accentos, but unlike EL, I'm not too impressed by them. What Rider is quoted saying about them may be true, but I don't get the feel of substantiality when I handle or look at them. I will say, though, that they fit my feet great, and for not more than $300, they would be a great deal. I would not pay full price (and I didn't - got them for about $450 from a saks.com sale).

I know there are some Tramezza fans out there, but I find Sutor and a few models of Santoni a better Italian shoe.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tramezza is a style ; you like the style or you don't.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Where are we getting our Tramezza's for $300?

I've really got to get back down to Sawgrass Mills to the Ferragamo outlet.

Their EE width really is similar to a standard American E width. I've found it runs about the same as an Allen Edmonds E width.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
Tramezza is a style ; you like the style or you don't.
I understand the Tramezza to be a particular line of a Ferragamo shoe with various models that have their own style. The Accentos style will be different than that of, say the rounder toe captoe suedes posted above. You can like one Tramezza model, but not the other. So I wouldn't agree with the above statement. In addition, although I'm no expert in construction, I don't see anything special about Tramezzas, specifically my Accentos since that is what I have first hand experience with. I also find the leather used for my Accento model substandard (for $700+ shoes). My shoes creased like crazy the first time I walked in them, and they have this "dry" quality, even after I conditioned and polished them. The coloring cracked and it looked pretty bad. They're a bit better now with all the cream I put on them.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I understand the Tramezza to be a particular line of a Ferragamo shoe with various models that have their own style. The Accentos style will be different than that of, say the rounder toe captoe suedes posted above. You can like one Tramezza model, but not the other. So I wouldn't agree with the above statement.

In addition, although I'm no expert in construction, I don't see anything special about Tramezzas, specifically my Accentos since that is what I have first hand experience with. I also find the leather used for my Accento model substandard (for $700+ shoes). My shoes creased like crazy the first time I walked in them, and they have this "dry" quality, even after I conditioned and polished them. The coloring cracked and it looked pretty bad. They're a bit better now with all the cream I put on them.

OK, fair point.
I saw a tramezza (lit. partition) as the shoe stitched across the toe cap, creating the partition, or division.. I'm not expert on the construction; I didn't know they were made differently. If they are made differently, they could, I suppose , be better than another form in construction quality. However, I understood the thread starter to be referring to the style, which is subjective.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
Where are we getting our Tramezza's for $300?

There have been a few sellers on eBay with very good selections lately -- Danielle's boutique and gmfl30 (something like that). Search eBay for 'tramezza' and then switch it to search both titles and descriptions because Danielle doesn't list Tramezza in the auction title.

There is no better shoe value in the $300-$350 range. As EL72 said, it is a sweet spot for me, too. I prefer some Santonis but you rarely see the best FAMs for under $450.

2zyedfm.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"No boring clunky AE, no crazy antiquing or thick norvegese welts... "

Fabro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72

Gherardo

tram1iv4.jpg

This is a great looking shoe and a steal if you can get it in the $300s (which is not uncommon if you are persistent on eBay).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads