• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Borrelli unlined tweed (75% wool, 25% Angora) hunting jacket from Shop the Finest.
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1146/img0716tb2.jpg

Awesome to both the jacket and overall look.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The Black Fleece suit I bought last week.
So I picked it up today.
Please excuse me not wearing a tie because I didn't feel like taking off one suit and putting a whole new one on.
Also, I am going to try and take some in daylight tomorrow primarily because the pinstripes on the lapels against the white shirt make them look "ruffled."
This isn't the case when I look at myself in the mirror; but, must have something to do with the shirt/lights/pinstripes through the camera lens and onto the computer screen.

P.S. I also got lazy editing the pics.

navybfsuit011.jpg

navybfsuit015.jpg

navybfsuit010.jpg

navybfsuit012.jpg

navybfsuit008.jpg

navybfsuit003.jpg

navybfsuit009.jpg

navybfsuit004.jpg

navybfsuit005.jpg

navybfsuit006.jpg

navybfsuit007.jpg

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got this what do you guys think? Yay or Nay?
I'm going for that Wally Cleaver look...
44477_71.jpg

Chadley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
The Black Fleece suit I bought last week.
So I picked it up today.
Please excuse me not wearing a tie because I didn't feel like taking off one suit and putting a whole new one on.
Also, I am going to try and take some in daylight tomorrow primarily because the pinstripes on the lapels against the white shirt make them look "ruffled."
This isn't the case when I look at myself in the mirror; but, must have something to do with the shirt/lights/pinstripes through the camera lens and onto the computer screen.

P.S. I also got lazy editing the pics.

How do you like it?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chadley
How do you like it?

I really like it. Hell I was even tempted to wear it just to the movies tonight. The pics don't do it justice; but, I jumped the gun. I'll take some more tomorrow with daylight.

Even with all of this I have ****** lighting at night.
house012.jpg

Originally Posted by blank
I think that Black Fleece suit looks good.

I want to go pick up one of the Oxfords.

What size? I don't think there are really any 0's and 1's left. A few 2's here and there and everything else is 3, 4, 5. Even online is backordered in most sizes until Nov. 1st.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to make a correction too; Peasant didn't actually charge me any money for the order that didn't process, it's been a misunderstanding from my side. Plus they've been great help for sorting out all the problems and my urgent questions. Great service and I'll definitely buy from them more often in the future... as long as I can manage to enter my billing address properly!
laugh.gif
(on the other hand, I had the same problem with Active Endeavors and they haven't been replying to my emails so I'm not as happy with their customer service...)

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Slightly better (lighting) pic:

bfnavy.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a bunch of stuff yesterday from Yoox.

Orlando button up and polo.
Dries F/W button up
Margiela wool vneck
Margiela cotton pants
VB sneakers
CN pants

I also got a pretty cool Seize sur Vingt shirt.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I haven't handled black fleece in person, how would you compare it to TB in terms of cut and fabrics/construction?

Well they are all fully canvased and made in Italy. I can take a pic of the actual content/model tag if someone wants to ID it (I've seen it before on other things). As per fabrics this is 100% wool (flannel) and it still has a very soft hand that could even fool someone to say 70/30 cashmere. Per construction I'm not the best judge of that; but, I'm sure BF has a bit less handwork than TB.
Man of the other suits this season are all winter weight heavy wools. There are a few seasonless suits (grey herringbone) that is pretty much a similar fabric at $2700 that Thom charges $3800 for. However, that about tops it out as Thom has much finer wools that are up to $5,000.
The hand of the cashmere seems just as soft as Thom's; but, just a slightly different texture due to the different knits. Thom's are also hand framed in Scottland.

Originally Posted by Get Smart
dig it J! Much better pic than the first batch.

Okay THIS is actually what I wore out today to shop around for rings and watches.

ringwatchday001.jpg

ringwatchday002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads