• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

karissa

Reaction score
Poly- definately unbuttoned with that undershirt. Roll those shoulders back and give us a little more attitude. Love the look!

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
imga0042cd4.jpg
imga0038xn6.jpg

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Unbuttoned, of course. Can't hide the neck on that sweater! I would complain about our weather, poly, but it's so much better than it was a couple days ago that I'm sort of afraid I'm just being ungrateful.
I don't know where Poly is but how can anyone complain about the weather around here - high-60's and sunshine! Perfect! No photo today but: V-neck black & grey striped sweater sky blue tshirt acne max raw black AE kennetts NYC - I'm not a big fan of the tshirt buttons showing underneath the button-down shirt, it's a little distracting for an otherwise clean outfit.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I don't know where Poly is but how can anyone complain about the weather around here - high-60's and sunshine! Perfect!

Poly's in Philly, like me. Mid 60s, which is awesome, but dark and drizzly all day so far.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
poly: when unbuttoned it's the best fit for a long time.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright nyc_gaucho, since you wanted criticism last time but didn't get it, here goes:

The denim jacket is too big for you, and the Canadian tuxedo is a really hard look to pull off. Unfortunately, it's not working for you.

Your jeans are too high up on your waist and it makes you look like you have hips.

I'm not really into the shirt-unbuttoned-to-below-nipple-height look.

Happy?

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Poly's in Philly, like me. Mid 60s, which is awesome, but dark and drizzly all day so far.

sounds just like seattle in winter.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
imga0042cd4.jpg
imga0038xn6.jpg

Right. The man who wants critique. Well, here goes.

Fit: Everything is just slightly too big. That is not a drop shoulder shirt. The shoulder line of the shirt should hit about 1/2" higher on your shoulders. Also, I would go with a slimmer cut. Same goes with the jacket. That is a Type III jacket, which was designed to fit snug. You could go, maybe 2 sizes smaller. Only the Type I jacket (single chest pocket, cinch back, pleated front) is supposed to fit a little big. And then it should still fit square on the shoulders, just boxier around the torso. The jeans fit reasonably, but are cinched up unflatteringly high. You do not need to slouch them, but let them sit comfortably on your hips.

Details and color: Man, did you wake up and say "Today, today is a blue day." You need something there. I am nota fan of the all black outfit, but at least there is a statement there. Here, nada. The shirt is not doing it for me. It is a not a terrible shirt, but it looks like it should be worn with a suit. It looks like a pretty fine cloth. Too fine. Try an oxford cloth shirt instead. The dark henley under the (too unbuttoned) shirt looks busy without being interesting. The dark boots and belt fade into the background without drawing our eyes at all.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
x-post from TaT thread...

fred perry gingham shirt
soon to come Thick as Thieves tennis jumper sample
Thick as Thieves grey windowcheck trouser
gap socks
Paul Smith brogues

101107pickx6.jpg

What size is this sweater?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Whodini, hate to say this but your most current pic with the BoO shirtjac looks pretty damn good.
We all hate saying things. I, for one, hate saying that you stole the blankets AGAIN last night. Compliment ******* returned, by the way.
thanks guys. The Vneck realistically wont be available until beg of December, just in time for Xmas for who's gift
inlove.gif

Fixed. I might want a pair of those pants of yours, too. If there's anyone who'd get me out of my pants and into yours, it'd be you.
inlove.gif
Originally Posted by bant
I can't seem to find the pic of this shirt jacket...
Not sure if you got confused (or maybe it's just me), but I'm wearing it in the photo. It's called a "shirtjack" based on its short length and is meant to be worn untucked.
Originally Posted by kronik
Any look inspired by me is not only going to be dangerously straight, but fantastically awesome. who is almost lame enough to ruin it, but he manages not to.
For those of you playing at home, this is kronjerk wearing the same shirt a few months back:
img1312ly7.jpg
As you can see here black is beautiful, but pasty is tasty...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
^^^

The graphic tee with stripped cardigan look really busy and really sloppy. A cardigan like that would probably need something VERY basic, perhaps a white v-neck tee or a simple button-up. You could try experimenting with different colors but I think the b/w combo of the cardigan is really going to limit things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads