• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemuu

Reaction score
My new baby, Seiko SKX033. Thoughts?
seiko1.jpg

seiko2.jpg

seiko3.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked this up from Aaron Faber Gallery a few years ago. It is a WWII German pilots watch. (I posted it the other day on the Cool Old Watches Thread) Note the non-reflective case. The crystal and sweep second hand have been replaced but it keeps very good time.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Some very cool watches. I really like some of the vintage watches.

I am picking up a Tag Monaco next week. Black faced chrono. Can't wait.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a Martin Braun "La Sonnerie I". No. 65/100. It has a very nice chime/ring to the alarm that is fun to set before a meeting when you want it to be a short one. The band is croc and deep navy that is a nice compliment to the blue hands. I got this because I enjoy the old style numerals and crowns. They give it a simple vintage style but in a modern watch.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Love the SeaDweller.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Me too. I didn't used to like it, but over the years it's grown on me. That and the Explorer I are my favorite Rolex models.

RichardKunin

Reaction score
Some more.

Daytona.jpg

n721435591_184247_9794.jpg

n721435591_184251_1139.jpg

n721435591_184256_2832.jpg

n721435591_184260_4199.jpg

n721435591_192509_3372.jpg

The one on the end (gold and black) is by far my favorite vintage watch that I own.

RichardKunin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by playdohh22
RichardKunin
wow.gif

I always dream of owning a pair of high end watch. still too young
confused.gif

Most of them my wife bought me as presents. All I can say is, I married the right woman. I'm sure in due time, you too will own a few high end watches.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Richard, that Seamaster is outstanding. Is that in the current line-up or is it an older piece? Very nice collection-lot's of variety.

JonF

Reaction score
Here's my limited edition Speedmaster...

Speedy_4.jpg

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
This is a Martin Braun "La Sonnerie I". No. 65/100. It has a very nice chime/ring to the alarm that is fun to set before a meeting when you want it to be a short one. The band is croc and deep navy that is a nice compliment to the blue hands. I got this because I enjoy the old style numerals and crowns. They give it a simple vintage style but in a modern watch.

that is a stunning watch psg... I had a look at the Martin Braun website as a result and they make some great watches (some have a very Lange and Sohne aesthetic which I like)

Unfortunately just like the Lange and Sohne's they are out of my price range! (at least for now...)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonF
Here's my limited edition Speedmaster...

Speedy_4.jpg

Nice pic JonF - I like the light effect on the domed crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads