• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Football Talk (that's soccer guys)

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CL 1st day of group matches: Lazio, Liverpool & Chelsea come back to draw. Ukes down Celtic; Milan, Marseille, Valencia & Madrid all win...

david-bowie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
CL 1st day of group matches: Lazio, Liverpool & Chelsea come back to draw. Ukes down Celtic; Milan, Marseille, Valencia & Madrid all win...

Yeah...I'm happy because Chelsea didn't win
smile.gif

In two days Dinamo Zagreb will destroy Ajax
smile.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mourinho is out at Chelsea! Wow. Who will take his place? Deschamps?

water

Reaction score
Given all the rumours it should not have been, but Mourinho's exit was a huge surprise to me this morning.

I can understand why it happened but am still shocked.

Avram Grant takes over temporarily. No doubt we will see quite a few expensive hats thrown into that ring over the coming weeks.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the times london has mourinho's all time quotes:

this is my favourite and sums it up well:

"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one" - Mourinho introduces himself to the English press after arriving from Porto in summer 2004

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2495192.ece

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Mourinho is out at Chelsea! Wow. Who will take his place? Deschamps?

Don Fabio would be my guess....

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
foxsportsworld had a story just yesterday that Queiroz (sp?) may be leaving ManU soon. Another possibility?

b

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chelsea seem to be saying that avram grant is the full-time successor and it appears to be permanent, not just a tempoary posting as manager

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another great game for Pandev and Lazio against Real Madrid.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dida suspended for 2 Champs League matches for feigning injury after that Celtic fan barely touched him. Whattya think?

I'm all in favor of it. I hate actors on the pitch. Even in this case where there was this dufus running on the field. Stand up and play the game. I'd love to see C. Ronaldo banned for a couple games the next time he dives.

b

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Dida suspended for 2 Champs League matches for feigning injury after that Celtic fan barely touched him. Whattya think?

I'm all in favor of it. I hate actors on the pitch. Even in this case where there was this dufus running on the field. Stand up and play the game. I'd love to see C. Ronaldo banned for a couple games the next time he dives.

b

That was definetly wrong, completely agree with you, nowadays there are actors everywhere, that has as a result many wrong referee decisions.

The referees now in many cases assume the player is acting and don't sanction a fault and also the oposite case, bad for the sport.

On the other side Celtics will have to pay a CHF 30,000 fine for the hooligan incident and another CHF 30,000 if this kind of incident repeats in the next two years... the hooligan who invaded the field was later arrested and banned for life by Celtic.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Soccer sucks. It is boring, too simple, and bereft of variety or excitement.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Soccer sucks. It is boring, too simple, and bereft of variety or excitement.

Another idiot reveals himself!
fing02[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads