• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's funny how people go apeshit over heinous overpriced sandals that nobody in California (well southern california would ever be caught dead in them. It's kind of like europeans making fun of americans wearing certain things that is considered garbage where they live.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whos going apeshit over them? Not styleforum, thats for sure. Dont know if cali really is the home of Birkenstock either..

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
People who are recently getting into them and they're pretty much a hippie staple from decades ago in california. They are the bell bottoms of footwear, the nike cortez of sandals if you will. More power to you bobo just don't forget the tie dye t shirt
crackup[1].gif

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The story of Birkenstock is really pretty interesting, and involves some intrigue in recent years IIRC, as I think the company has been family controlled for a long time--see this IHT article if you really, really want to know.

It's certainly a shoe with a heritage, though. I don't see being "into" birkenstocks as so much different than interest in vintage workwear or other gear, aside from the granola and german tourist connotations they might have in the US.

Jet, what've you and ghulkan been buying lately?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm just giving him a hard time because I'm bored at home.

From NY, I picked up a beige with grey heather lambswool sweater from the apc store and I'm waiting for my raf simons black classic lace ups to get here. I also got another mcqueen silk scarf.

As for ghulkan, he's buying pretty much everything I pick up.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

From NY, I picked up a beige with grey heather lambswool sweater from the apc store and I'm waiting for my raf simons black classic lace ups to get here. I also got another mcqueen silk scarf.

ill be honest, if anyone had the money and wanted to spend it right it would probably be **** jets been buying. we just similar tastes even though he thinks im copying off him

haahahaha

but i wouldnt know about half the **** if it werent for him ....

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

Pics of Raf Simons laceups please.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Anything for you sir, they will be here next week.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, just got a few pairs of deadstock chucks. Two pairs of hightops in striped - Khaki/Milk and Indigo, and a lowtop pair of white cracked leather ones. Also picked up a henley from Wings+Horns and a pair of fingerless gloves (preparing for winter) from Coal Considered, and a Battistoni scarf. Yeah, I'm quite broke.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Borrelli unlined tweed (75% wool, 25% Angora) hunting jacket from Shop the Finest.
img0716tb2.jpg
img0719va1.jpg

jabreal00

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Borrelli unlined tweed (75% wool, 25% Angora) hunting jacket from Shop the Finest.
img0716tb2.jpg
img0719va1.jpg

Great jacket, good fit. I like the overall outfit.

chiral

Reaction score
Just got in the mail a pair of Charles Tyrwhitt jodhpurs and a pair of APC rescues. I'm rather pleased.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1553.jpg

I might have ordered this Rogan cardigan from Peasant. I'm not sure though cause the order didn't seem to process (said that my card didn't match my billing address, for some reason) and I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet but they charged me for it so I hope it's coming... the cardigan looks good though, doesn't it?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
I might have ordered this Rogan cardigan from Peasant. I'm not sure though cause the order didn't seem to process (said that my card didn't match my billing address, for some reason) and I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet but they charged me for it so I hope it's coming... the cardigan looks good though, doesn't it?

Yeah, very nice cardigan. Soft. I've seen a lot of the varsity stripes on Cardigans this year. Not sure yet if I am a fan, but I definitely like the higher buttoning front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads