• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding Bands

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
3mm looks effeminate. My wife with ring finger 3.25 wears 2mm ffs. 5mm.

You must have a very petite wife. My company doesn't make anything for women below a 4.5. Even then you'll have to wait like 2-3 months for anything below a 5.5 because it is a special order. The "standard" woman's ring size is a 6-7.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5mm, 18K white gold, comfort band, engraved with some choice quotes on the inside and date of marriage. My wife wears a 3mm.

I also have a "replacement" one in 6mm, 18K white gold, comfort band. This was the original engagement ring which I "lost" on wedding night
uhoh.gif
. Subsequently recovered. So now I have a backup.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3-4mm bands are the "norm" (e.g. Tiffany's standard size for men's wedding band) and I guess they are big enough for those of us who don't carry around a big glock in their crotch area (i.e. us "effeminate" men)

RichardKunin

Reaction score
Found a shot of both my band and my wifes.

rings-1.jpg

This was at our wedding.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have matching Rolexes too
crackup[1].gif

pfr0g

Reaction score
I was so tired from shopping for my wifes band that when she finally picked one I just got something at the same store. We wound up getting everything, including the engagement ring, from the same store. I must say I really think they are great. My wife lost her diamond engagement ring (fell out) 6 months before the wedding. They gave me a credit toward the ring and I upgraded the size bc she was crying about losing the old one. Double the carat size made her stop crying but she still bitches about the setting being different bc the new stone didnt fit in it.
confused.gif

Anyway here is what I got:

Its ok I guess. In the shop being re-sized. I really don't like wearing it to be honest.

http://shop.baileybanksandbiddle.com...Id=19071745173

pfr0g

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfr0g
I was so tired from shopping for my wifes band that when she finally picked one I just got something at the same store. We wound up getting everything, including the engagement ring, from the same store. I must say I really think they are great. My wife lost her diamond engagement ring (fell out) 6 months before the wedding. They gave me a credit toward the ring and I upgraded the size bc she was crying about losing the old one. Double the carat size made her stop crying but she still bitches about the setting being different bc the new stone didnt fit in it.
confused.gif

Anyway here is what I got:

Its ok I guess. In the shop being re-sized. I really don't like wearing it to be honest.

http://shop.baileybanksandbiddle.com...Id=19071745173

FYI: I didn't get the Platinum one shown, thought it was a giant waste of money. They had another one in Palladium looked identical and was 1/3 the price.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing a wedding band is great. Single women love that ****.
mwink[1].gif

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Looking at gdl's ring at 3mm it doesn't seem fem. His is the proportion that I would want for myself. What size ring figer are you? I think I'm like 7-7.5.
I'm 7.5. Knuckle is a bit swollen from old injuries.. That ring you linked looks nice but I'd go with your original instinct of 4mm.
Originally Posted by Neo1824
Damiani D side band. My wife has the same but with 10 diamonds/side instead of my 5.
Cool ring with the diamonds on the side. Why the Damiani writing though.
Originally Posted by gdl203
3-4mm bands are the "norm" (e.g. Tiffany's standard size for men's wedding band) and I guess they are big enough for those of us who don't carry around a big glock in their crotch area (i.e. us "effeminate" men)
I didn't see a ring smaller than 4mm when I was looking. Most were 5-6mm.
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
You must have a very petite wife. My company doesn't make anything for women below a 4.5. Even then you'll have to wait like 2-3 months for anything below a 5.5 because it is a special order. The "standard" woman's ring size is a 6-7.
Yeah.. In the summer the 3.25 fits ok but in the winter it spins around. I can't get her ring past the first joint of my pinky!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I say go for something different. Everybody has the same simple metals. At least the row of diamonds in the middle has some flair. If you can pimp those Thom outfits you can roll with something unique on your finger.

Whatever you get, platinum, gold, etc., please don't wear it on your ******* thumb.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203

Originally Posted by lee_44106
5mm, 18K white gold, comfort band, engraved with some choice quotes on the inside and date of marriage. My wife wears a 3mm.

I also have a "replacement" one in 6mm, 18K white gold, comfort band. This was the original engagement ring which I "lost" on wedding night
uhoh.gif
. Subsequently recovered. So now I have a backup.

Um yeah.
crackup[1].gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
+1 on 3 mm. Some things just ought to be classic.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a platinum Niessing "rotation" ring, which looks like this:

n141261_60PT.jpg

Except of course that I don't wear it with the center portion pivoted, so that it just looks like a normal ring with two angled lines cut through the center.

My wife wears Niessing's platinum "king" ring, which is an incredible piece of minimalist design IMO:

n141703pt.jpg

Both rings were purchased at Stuart Moore.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spertia, those are really cool. I've seen (pictures) of the king ring before.

I don't know what I'll get. My fiance wants hers to match her engagement ring (diamond and two sapphires in platinum), but I think I need to have something I feel comfortable losing (like titanium or something). I can't have nice things. My father has never worn a wedding ring (my parents are married), and I wonder if I'll be the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads