• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im really curious about what goes on around the pant cuff area...
Really nice look! I should get some white shirts myself, but not sure I could stand the washing..

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Heh. You guys know me. EG head to ankle.

Field Jacket
19th BD Shirt
BDU Storm Pants (researched BDU and it stands for Battle Dress Uniform in the US Military)
And some hand-me-down Clarks.

Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Im really curious about what goes on around the pant cuff area...
Here's a pic from the EG lookbook of the pant cuff. The darker material is sewn into the inside and is buttoned up when not in use. It can be unbuttoned to cover the ankle I guess to protect against rain?
enggarments0602a1page091vj.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
baracuta
BS gingham shirt
RL cords
gap socks
JM penny

10507picsl0.jpg

Jacket looks a little loose, I think you should send it to a slightly thicker person in Seattle.

When I got to the Ben Silver sale they had "old man powder blue" and "gross old guy who smokes cigars in his Chevy Citation pale yellow" left.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Details, details, Shore.

Looks great.

Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I'm gonna go ahead and guess:

EG
EG
EG
EG

tounge.gif

Looks good, timpoblete.

I said shore, Aluminum Monster...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
When I got to the Ben Silver sale they had "old man powder blue" and "gross old guy who smokes cigars in his Chevy Citation pale yellow" left.

I got the last "old yet spry geezer who still trolls for barely legal poontang dark red"

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dressing like a grown-up today
Pal Zileri
Kent Wang
Jcrew
Helmut Lang
Trafalgar
Florsheim Kenmoor Longwing
img0697croppedcg9.jpg

img0699yv3.jpg

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Jacket looks a little loose, I think you should send it to a slightly thicker person in Seattle.

I thought long and hard about that old man powder blue. Then again, I've embraced my advancing years. Still, I think I'd have prefered the old man tan, if they had it in stock.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, Baron. I like the texture on the jacket.

I said shore, Aluminum Monster...
I trust whodini about as much as I trust Jose Mesa right now, but I'll still mention--Steven Alan shirt, Kirkland Signature vneck, 5epxSF, polo chelseas.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Dressing like a grown-up today
Pal Zileri
Kent Wang
Jcrew
Helmut Lang
Trafalgar
Florsheim Kenmoor Longwing
img0697croppedcg9.jpg

Really solid stuff, Baron. I'd imagine this is how you'd dress if you were to ever quit drinking...
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Last edit when now, ***** Magoo?
Stupid time stamp. I edited it before I saw your post, damnit. What are you going to do, shoot me?
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I trust whodini about as much as I trust Jose Mesa right now, but I'll still mention--Steven Alan shirt, Kirkland Signature vneck, 5epxSF, polo chelseas.
This is a "latino" joke, right?

How'd you come across the chelseas? Happy with them? Might have to put them on my x-mas list.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
iTunes Playing: Meek Warrior by Akron/Family from the record Meek Warrior AA Tee 5EP x SF Chucks X-tra pictures in 5EP x SF thread.

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Is it the J. Crew cardigan in heather fawn?

yeah, it is. maybe i shouldn't admit to it, but i think j crew has had a lot of good stuff recently.

kallun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Jacket looks a little loose, I think you should send it to a slightly thicker person in Seattle. When I got to the Ben Silver sale they had "old man powder blue" and "gross old guy who smokes cigars in his Chevy Citation pale yellow" left.
I ike the Baracuta style jackets and they goe very well with your look but I really think the classic Lonsdale versions of that jacket is a lot better, less bouncing in the waist area and slightly nicer material IMHO. /TKL

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru
yeah, it is. maybe i shouldn't admit to it, but i think j crew has had a lot of good stuff recently.

J. Crew is good I find for items like sweaters, outerwear like peacoats, accessories, and I am trying out their pants which I ordered a few days ago. Depending how much I like them fit wise I am liable to make them my go-to pants from now on.

One thing I will not buy there however, is a shirt. Or jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads