• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x SF jean post pics

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigskydream
How do they compare in the thigh?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the 5EPxSF. The only reason I'm so hesitant is because I just bought a pair of Dior 21cm, and my denim budget is getting blown to shreds!

I'd say that they are similar. It's actually difficult for me to gauge right now because my size 29 NS are fully stretched and some.

Babar

Reaction score
I just received my 31X36 today, which is only one size up from my APCs. I like the overall fit but they're tight in the waist! I can't button them all the way without bringing them up to my natural waist. Just some quick pics (sorry for the quality): I normally wouldn't consider jeans this snug in the waist but I definitely think I might keep these. They don't feel too tight at all in the thighs etc.

capnpyro

Reaction score
^^^^ I second that, they're great in the thighs, and legs, just the waist is ridiculously tight. I'm hoping they'll (continue) to stretch.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
^^^^ I second that, they're great in the thighs, and legs, just the waist is ridiculously tight. I'm hoping they'll (continue) to stretch.

Haha, and my problem was just the opposite.

Babar, they'll stretch some. If you can button them up when you pull them up a little high, they should stretch to the point where you can wear them comfortably a bit lower.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Haha, and my problem was just the opposite.

same here. They could be even a little tighter in the thigh and calf and I'd be fine.

A little tight in the waist and perfect legs is probably the best fit scenario since the waist will stretch to a comfortable amount, whereas the legs are gonna stay pretty much the same

capnpyro

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah I think so, they're still a bit tight but getting mostly comfortable to wear now. 32x36s
5EPvSF_1.jpg

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
those look good on you.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Size 31s...I'm 5'11" and 160 lbs. Definitely could have gone up to 32s, but I do love a really slim pair of jeans and these have a little stretching left to do in the thigh.

Photo%2016.jpg

Photo%2022.jpg

Photo%2023.jpg

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Fit great. Great looking slim but not skinny/tight fit.

Not tight? Those look kinda tight to me. Not in a bad way, but not sure how much tighter they could be, given the cut.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I guess i've been seeing too many sufuers in april 77 joeys and have become desensitized, since i don't view that as skin tight in relation to what other jean options are out there. I also took into consideration that they'll stretch a little bit for him. They look good but I'm sure prozach is feeling just how tight they are
laugh.gif

Countertenor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by prozach1576
Size 31s...I'm 5'11" and 160 lbs. Definitely could have gone up to 32s, but I do love a really slim pair of jeans and these have a little stretching left to do in the thigh.

Photo%2016.jpg

Originally Posted by Baron
Not tight? Those look kinda tight to me. Not in a bad way, but not sure how much tighter they could be, given the cut.

That fit looks a lot like the fit on mine, except I have shorter legs (I got a 30, and I'm 5'8" 143#). Borderline "tight", but in a good, uniform way.

prozach1576

Reaction score
They're tight when I sit down, but not when I'm standing. Like I said, I think the thighs have a bit more give.

To be honest, I was hoping for a slightly looser fit and should have gotten 32s, but these are actually quite typical of what I wear. I'm pretty goddamn happy with them.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think they look bad at all, I was just noticing the whiskering at the fly and figured a smaller size probably wouldn't button.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Yeah, I think part of it is that I don't have a lot of extra length in them. A little more in the inseam and I'd have a lot more stacking going on around/above my knees which would make them look looser.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads