• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Sure the kids will learn english and be pretty Americanized, but talk to them and there's a very distinct "us against them" attitude that drives them at their core. Eventually these attitudes (if they stay the same) will manifest in ways that do affect us directly, when it comes to them being in positions of power and politics.

I don't have hard data. Just a gut feeling which has rarely been wrong for me.

ok, got a lot of **** to do at work today and these kind of threads take up too much time, hence why I never read the CE forum!!
confused.gif

Dude, you want "us against them", try talking to fifth generation Italian Americans in South Philly ******************. Or try talking to people from either of those groups about the Main Line crowd. I guess I'm just skeptical that anything's different than it's ever been. :shrug:

Anyway, you're right, definitely not worth getting into here. This thread is for venting about annoying ****. It would suck to ruin that.... Plus, I don't want to sound like the PC Police or anything.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Starting-Over" quotes being repeatedly thrown in my face by wanna-be Oprah's.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I'm pissed off by everyone who's not aboard my "hate train"!
tounge.gif

I'll get on with you.

You know I hate everyone and everything.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
You know I hate everyone and everything.
Don't reverse the roles...

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not getting the antiquing to match on both shoes in a pair.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
It is dissapointing in the ethnic ghettos where they put everything in their own language, basically trying to keep non-local immigrants out because a lot of times i'd like to eat at some of those places. However, it's really intimidating to even go in there because a lot of places only have non-english menus and just the whole scene in general is kind of intimidating to someone like me. Not getting into the whole convo, but a more welcoming environment in places and neighborhoods such as the ones we're talking about for outside speakers would be nice.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
It is dissapointing in the ethnic ghettos where they put everything in their own language, basically trying to keep non-local immigrants out because a lot of times i'd like to eat at some of those places. However, it's really intimidating to even go in there because a lot of places only have non-english menus and just the whole scene in general is kind of intimidating to someone like me. Not getting into the whole convo, but a more welcoming environment in places and neighborhoods such as the ones we're talking about for outside speakers would be nice.

Do you not travel abroad?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
You have "ethnic ghettos" in Gainesville?
musicboohoo[1].gif
It boggles my mind how you expect a group of people to adapt their comfort levels just to suit your own. Try living in another country with a language foreign to your own. I'll assume you haven't and tell you that a few months, or hell, years, of dealing with another culture 24/7 can get old and will have you missing a few familiar comforts. It's a shame to see this kind of "you're here so do things the way we do" attitude from people who have no experience from the other side of the coin.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
I'm pissed off by everyone who's not aboard my "hate train"!
tounge.gif

Oh, Im totally on board. Whats "pissing me off" is that the trains steward has repeatedly ignored my request for a M*th*r F**king Ice Tea!!!!! I feel a Civil Rights Suit coming on.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without wanting to sound smug, I truly feel sorry for those of you who live in this sad and scary world overrun by strangers from other countries who refuse to conform to your language and customs and who seem to threaten your basic sense of security - it doesn't sound like a fun place.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads