• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x SF jean post pics

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
So I caved and got me a pair. 32 x 34. The fit awesome. I'm going to hem them to a 32", there's too much stacking with the 34" inseam. Waist measurement is perfect. Hip and thigh is on point, no hip flare or excess fabric at the inner thigh. I think the greatest aspect is the denim, it feels amazing, good deep color, nice weight, not too rigid like some of the Japanese repro's. I wonder if it's Kaihara?, maybe?, always liked Kaihara denim!. Well done all round. I was just starting to get some wear action on my APC Cures, New Standards and Nudies and now Godmother just fucked everything up by giving me a new project. "Nooooo mmmooorrrrrreeee jeeeeeeaaaannnnnssssssssss, uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Glad you like them Rye. They look good. No, not Kaihara. Godd guess though.

Kurabo?
Kuroki?
Suma?
Nishimbo?

Doesn't matter anyway. Nice job it was worth the wait.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
That's the problem. I've been keeping between 165-170 at 5'8" for the past few months and have grown out of my size 32 PBJs. I'm thinking 32 or 33.

I would go for the 33. A size 32 "might" fit, but you really don't want them too tight through the topblock. For these jeans, if you are between sizes, my advice would be to size up unless you want a really slim fit.

steve796

Reaction score
LA Guy,

Do you know how much the 5EPxSF denim will potentially stretch? Kinda sized down on my pair, and the jeans are perfect from the thigh down, but are pretty tight in the top block.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steve796
LA Guy,

Do you know how much the 5EPxSF denim will potentially stretch? Kinda sized down on my pair, and the jeans are perfect from the thigh down, but are pretty tight in the top block.

Sounds like a good fit. They'll stretch enough as long as they basically fit (you can button them up)

brimley

Reaction score
36x36 5EPxSF. I would say I sized up one because I consider myself a true 35.

dscf0484iq6.jpg

dscf0486mp4.jpg

With cuffs:
dscf0488jn7.jpg

Still needs some time to settle down but I think this will turn out to be a pretty good fit.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Best representation of the fit of my 31s I've been able to get so far:

wayw0925still.jpg

You can see a little bit of hip flare, though it's not a lot. I think it'll be fine once the jeans loosen up. And as you can tell, there's a lot of difference between the 30s and 31s from the knees down!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the jeans will strecth about a quarter inch circumfrence

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I have a pair of 36x36 available. Tried on once. Same price- $210 shipped.

PM me if interested.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Here's mine. They are a size 33x36. The is the first jean I've had with a longer inseam so I'm debating whether to let them stack or to cuff :p Also the first jean I've had that is this damn tight in the thighs, but I think I like them.

stack or hem or cuff, they already look good. don't worry about it. what kind of shirt is that?

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Jean Update:

Managed to squeeze my wallet into the back pocket finally. Unfortunately whilst at Starbucks I couldn't extract said wallet. After embarrassingly pushing the lower portion of my wallet up to the top edge In a strange reach around maneuver I gripped a good inch of my wallet to finish the mission. I thought a caesarian was needed.

I think a couple of repeat scenarios should sufficiently stretch the pocket the 1/4" or so needed to hold my wallet.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
stack or hem or cuff, they already look good. don't worry about it. what kind of shirt is that?

Thanks, its an H&M shirt,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads