• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x SF jean post pics

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Yep. As I tried to explain elsewhere, I think the sizing of the jeans at 30 and below makes them proportionally skinnier in the small sizes than they are in the large sizes. The waist of the 30s was a better fit, but the legs were much skinnier, particularly at the knee and below. By contrast, the waist of the 31s is only a little bit loose, but the legs are completely different. Much roomier at the knees and below the calves; they're pretty much perfect throughout the leg.

I am expecting that the 32s, being more similar to the 31s in leg proportion than the 30s, will be fine for someone who sizes down to 30 in the APC New Standard.

I'm with you now. So how are the 31's in the thigh, not loose at all ? Are you going to post up pics from different angles so we can get a good comparison against the 30's you originally wore ?

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will these shrink in the inseam or can I get away with just wearing them raw?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
all jeans will shrink a little to a lot in the lenght these jeans should shrink a little
maybe 1% to 2% (max) of total lenght

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's mine. They are a size 33x36. The is the first jean I've had with a longer inseam so I'm debating whether to let them stack or to cuff :p Also the first jean I've had that is this damn tight in the thighs, but I think I like them.

092307.jpg

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
^^ Better change your siggy.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Good catch
smile.gif

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case anyone is still on the fence in terms of sizing, do not be afraid to size up one. I usually take a 33 (in a PBJ XX-005, for example), but went with the 34x34, and they are instantly my favorite jean. I can't put my finger on it, but despite the middish-high rise, they look great a touch oversized and sagged a bit (which I need for that extra hint of stacking).

I've never been this excited about a denim purchase. I already have two pairs - is it madness to get another? I feel like the answer is yes, but then again, why would I want to wear anything but these...

Somone talk me out of it. Or into it.

fftfft

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
In case anyone is still on the fence in terms of sizing, do not be afraid to size up one. I usually take a 33 (in a PBJ XX-005, for example), but went with the 34x34, and they are instantly my favorite jean. I can't put my finger on it, but despite the middish-high rise, they look great a touch oversized and sagged a bit (which I need for that extra hint of stacking).

I've never been this excited about a denim purchase. I already have two pairs - is it madness to get another? I feel like the answer is yes, but then again, why would I want to wear anything but these...

Somone talk me out of it. Or into it.

I was in pretty much exactly the same sizing situation, and couldn't agree more. I'm equally excited about what I got. The fit is by far the best I've purchased thus far, and to have it from 5ep is a wonderful bonus.
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The stack nice on the shoe I am not sure if I would hem them now either. You can always hem them later id need be.
The jeans look good on you PG2G

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think the stack is more pronounced on that shoe than it would be on a lower profile sneaker too, and I'll lose an inch or so after washing anyway, so I'm just going to leave them as is.

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Thanks. I think the stack is more pronounced on that shoe than it would be on a lower profile sneaker too, and I'll lose an inch or so after washing anyway, so I'm just going to leave them as is.

I think a small cuff would work well with those shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads