• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^correct

The first time I saw the shawl collar I was like wtf but now it's so lovely and ahead of its time (and beyond the comprehension of some). The quality is superlative as well.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^correct

The first time I saw the shawl collar I was like wtf but now it's so lovely and ahead of its time (and beyond the comprehension of some). The quality is superlative as well.

I like it. But it is hardly ahead of its time. The shawl collar has been in fashion a few seasons now. The interesting thing about that particular specimen are the exaggerated cuffs, neckline, and hem, and the oversized ribbing, but that is hardly groundbreaking. The quality is goodm however.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
img3528yl8.jpg
img3546er3.jpg

I like both of these pieces. I can definitely see myself wearing the one on the left. The ribbing on the right looks damn comfy, albeit the exaggerated shawl is slightly reminiscent of Planet of the Apes v2.0.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^correct

+1

I think that the way the thickness and wide ribbing of the shawl is what puts an emphasis on the shawl collar over the rest of the sweater. I think thats what Jet was refering to and I think if you think of it that way than it is a little bit ahead of its time. I havent seen too many people wearing shawl collars esp ones exagerated lke this...

Flint

Reaction score
Well, I just opened up a pair of black leather Guess Duke's, literally. The UPS guy dropped them off at my house not more than five minutes ago. http://www.shoes.com/product.asp?p=5...t_id=EC1025364 Shrug. Not overly excited about the red portion of the sole, but I'm sure I can get use to it. Also, the lacing is much, much more tan that the pictures lead me to believe.. hrmmm.. doesn't exactly match with the stitching on the rest of the shoes. Anyways, since it was so damn recent.. I had to post.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jomons arrived today. No pics, getting them hemmed.

Store experience was pretty cool, although I've done my research, I did ask for the official 45rpm sales pitch which was pretty cool.

The guy basically said wash them all you want, and that he washes every 1-2weeks in dr bonners. He pulled up his personal 6 year old pair of aihikos from the basement, the stitching on the hidden rivets were blown out, had 1-2 holes on the knees and some fraying on the hem... His pocket blowouts were pretty cool. He said on the older models they put a sorahiko belt loop as the back belt loop (just like how they put a jomon loop on the sorahikos) and his sorahiko belt loop was super light, like sandblasted levi's light, but the REST of the jean was about as dark as my 5eps 2 months into wear. No contrast whiskers, and some very light hints of fading on the knees. My mind was blown, seeing a 6 year old pair. The denim did not look well worn so to speak(despite the stitching suggesting others) but it developed kind of like a patina that you see on well worn shoes. I'm pretty excited, and actually kind of happy that I'll have some jeans that'll probably last a lifetime.

I asked him how they do the hand distressed models, and he said that they take a few measurements (like where your knee hits the floor when kneeling) and then distress from there; he noted that the contrast and everything was from a bleaching agent they use and not to expect jomons to actually fade like that.

anyway, semi-unrelated he showed off his natural indigo western shirt which was supersex. he told me it was 1k, and that they're getting some this winter. K now, all I need to do is win the lotto or something.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
I scored a pair of Dr. Marten's boots today at a used clothing store, burgundy, with a monk strap, about as tall as a chelsea boot. They're perfectly broken in, great condition. $65. They say "Loake Dr. Marten" inside. Anyone know what model these are/if they're still made? I think I found the perfect boots for myself, finally.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
I scored a pair of Dr. Marten's boots today at a used clothing store, burgundy, with a monk strap, about as tall as a chelsea boot. They're perfectly broken in, great condition. $65. They say "Loake Dr. Marten" inside. Anyone know what model these are/if they're still made? I think I found the perfect boots for myself, finally.

That does sound cool. I didnt know DM did a collab with Loake. Right now for Fall 07 there is a Yohji Yamamoto x DM collab boots for $600

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
raf, bless, branquinho, jil
img3272hq5.jpg
img3411cr8.jpg
img3528rj8.jpg
00250mee8.jpg

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^The Bless jacket looks swell. I would prefer a slightly mellower collar, but still digging the look.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Damn this guy, excellent taste only because I like the same **** haha. At least the jil sweater you got is slightly different than mine
devil.gif

At least you'll be on the other coast with my cardigan.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 people in the DC metropolitan area even.

Only I got it before both of you sumbitches.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
hell you blabbin about negro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads