• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Omega seamaster from www.prestigetime.com and had a great experience with them. My buddy is a little nervous about ordering his wristwatch online-- has anyone had a bad experience with Prestige Time?

Is there any reason to believe their watches are counterfeit, and why are their prices so much less than Tourneau (for example)?

What is the most expensive watch you've purchased on prestigetime.com?

Thanks, guys! trying to get my buddy to purchase a steel bracelet JLC master compressor, instead of a ho-hum rolex or a breitling.

CommercialDoc

Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good reports on prestigetime from both family and friends who have used them

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They are a legitmate seller, never heard of any bad experiences with them. Their prices are lower because they are a grey market dealer, they get their watches from authorized dealers (dealers get the watches at 50% retail for most brands), they work on a lower margin or in a broker capacity and they do not offer manufacturer warranties. Many grey market dealers offer the manufacturer warranty so prestigetime is actually a bit behind the game. Malaysia and Singapore are the cheapest places in the world to buy a watch. I know of two very good/very reputable Malaysian grey market dealers that give unbeatable prices and the manufacturer warranty.

edit: On most ETA movement watches (Omega, Breitling etc), I wouldn't care about a manufacturer warranty versus a dealers warranty as those watches can be fixed by a trained monkey. For the JLC or the other higher end brands, I'd probably want the manufacturer warranty.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
And who would those be ed?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmoraitis
And who would those be ed?

Collectors Time Gallery (Zeetan is the proprietor) is considered to be the best grey market dealer in the world by many of the denizens of the watch forums. If you prefer a US/NYC guy, I highly recommend Richard at Paladin Timepieces, he deals in Lange/Bregeut/AP etc and his prices and service are top notch, and his watches come from many well known AD's.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I echo everything Ed said. I only recommend them to people who are scared of ordering a watch from Singapore or Malaysia though. If they're not concerned about that, the best options are with a handful of grey mkt dealers in KL and Singapore. Better prices, full OEM warranty and 48-72 hour delivery.

To answer the OP's question, I have a colleague here who ordered a Lange from PT - that would be the most expensive watch purchase from them that I'm familiar with

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Thanks ed! Do these sellers have a web presence?

Omegablogger

Reaction score
Omega authorised dealers get 45% off the list on the majority of the range, you won't have to try too hard to get one to split that with you. I would use list less 22.5% as the market price from an authorised retailer, I would look at the saving to be made in the grey market against that price and not the list.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmoraitis
Thanks ed! Do these sellers have a web presence?

http://www.collectorstime.com/

http://www.paladinltd.net/

If you use Richard at Paladin, tell him I sent you as I may be buying something from him at the end of the year and I could use the "refer a customer" credit
smile.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
Richard has some nice toys
Many of which are kept in his attic.
wink.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Zeetan's Omegas are priced nicely, too!

CommercialDoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I echo everything Ed said. I only recommend them to people who are scared of ordering a watch from Singapore or Malaysia though. If they're not concerned about that, the best options are with a handful of grey mkt dealers in KL and Singapore. Better prices, full OEM warranty and 48-72 hour delivery.

To answer the OP's question, I have a colleague here who ordered a Lange from PT - that would be the most expensive watch purchase from them that I'm familiar with

Who are the grey mkt dealers in KL and Singapore your reccomend?

scot

Reaction score
Check around for some references to real authorized dealers. I got my tag at 35% off from an authorized dealer with stamp and real warrantee. The only requirement is you call you order you get it the next day
smile.gif
I don't know if they would extend it to omega, and truthfully I don't want to know. I *really* want that orange faced planet ocean with the orange/black strap. No in store purchases with the discount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads